Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

External Canvas Blinds/Awnings

Page 1 of 1
Is anyone able to give me a rough guide to the price of external sunblinds?
I have 2 west facing second storey windows 1800x900.
Would appreciate any opinions or other feedback.
--
Allan
I've just purchased (ordered) some through a local blind supplier - 1500 x 900. I have 3 bedrooms facing west on 2 storey also. Have decided on a very tough fabric (sorry name of fabric is not on quote or invoice - duh!!). But it is not at the cheap end, comes in various colours and is also able to be seen through from inside the house. I've just had some done on my deck as well and love, love, love them
. They were called "channel blinds". The best ever for decks.

For the bedrooms I have a winding arm to go inside the bedroom window so they can be manually lowered etc. Full aluminium construction etc.

For 3 it is costing me about $1700 fully installed. As I said, not cheap but so worth the money. I'm so happy with my new deck blinds that I know I'm going to love these.

I have also been searching for nearly 3 years
for what to put up. Thought about aluminium shutters. For fixed, about $1000 each window. Too costly and couldnt see the value.

These blinds have a guarantee on the fabric for somethink like 15 or 20 years too. So not some bunnings/spotlight cruddy fabric which will last say a couple of years in extreme heat and winds.

Good luck and hope this helps.
I'm also interested in this. garden lover, can you post us a pic of those that you love, they sound good ...
I had just about given up on this thread until I saw your post Garden Lover.
Thanks, this at least gives me some idea of what to expect to pay.
How effective are the bedroom window blinds?

Allan
Allan
I havent received the bedroom blinds as yet. I know they will be good though. Wont block out 100% of heat. But I'd imagine majority would be blocked. With my other blinds on the deck (same fabric/material will be used), when I put my hand at the front of blind (sun side) I can really feel the radiating heat, but when I put my hand on the otherside, there is next to no heat! Sounds too good to be true I know. I thought it would be a sale pitch until I witnessed it myself.
As for price, I live on the mid north coast of NSW. So dont have the competition that a major city would get on prices - so you should be able to get cheaper?

Lex, I will try and post a pic at a later date. I'm a bit duh on this technology though. But is worth it for people to see because they are so good. I'd never seen or heard of them and wish someone had told me about them. Everyone who sees them at my house comments on how good they are.
Related
29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

21/04/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

I have motorised roller blinds in my house. I motorised all the blinds I use a lot and the ones that don’t get used too often I didn’t. I went through Motorise My…

15/05/2023
Screed bonding agent for external applications

Flooring & Floor Covering

Before you rip it up, if you can in the grout lines, drill some holes and pour/inject techgrip by sika. I have used it to bond mdf to timber, but in the process it dripped…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum