Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Bi-fold Doors and Insects - Help Please

Page 1 of 1
Have just had bi-fold doors installed and the insects - flies and mozzies - are loving the easy access into the house!

Aside from installing flyscreens, which I feel somewhat defeats the purpose of bi-fold doors, can anyone offer advice on what I can do to solve the problem?

Perhaps some sort of insect repellant that plugs into the wall??
on lush house she said lavender oil on a cloth wiped around your frames...they dont like the smell.

also lemon essence /oil
I think..as it is like citronella.

what about an outside thing, (mortein have one I think, releases a mist) so they dont come near the opening...rather than once they are in and then killing them...?
This is an email I recieved a couple of weeks ago I do not personally know if it works but I figure its worth a try.

I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled?a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well.. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the childr en's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it....Pass it on.

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors.

It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it

cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not

as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes.

So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood

door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window

frames, and even inside the dog house.

The Only Good Mosquito is a dead one!!!

Cheers Janet
...and the bugs will have fresh breath, have you tried to get them to brush their teeth?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ROFL I have but the little buggers just wont so its stinky breathe for my bugs Bahahahahaha
But at least they wont be in the house with there stinky breathe

OH and I save on Dentists bills
At the home expo few months ago we saw these retractable fly sceens. They are mounted in a vertical roller that live on one end of the doors, and then pretty much wind out like a roller door. May be a pretty good solution for a bifold opening. Google the term, and you may come up with the right product.
Related
2/03/2024
Flashing above doors and windows

General Discussion

Flashings over doorways and windows our carpenter has installed flashings that is buckled and short of the window frames and door frames is this right Is there a…

14/05/2023
Sliding Doors

General Discussion

we have a standard size and often we have a lot of variety to choose

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum