Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Show me your plantation shutters!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys... i would love it if people could post some pics of their plantation shutters..
i am especially interested in any shutter that has been installed on the outside of the window frame..
Me too. Do you mean aluminium shutters?
Hi guys, we have just started looking into plantation shutters and have heard about this new Fusion 20 make that is apparently hardier than the Bass Wood and has a 20 year warranty - at a very inexpensive price point. They look similare but we are still no convinced. Any feedback? Have you come across them?
sabs1
Hi guys, we have just started looking into plantation shutters and have heard about this new Fusion 20 make that is apparently hardier than the Bass Wood and has a 20 year warranty - at a very inexpensive price point. They look similare but we are still no convinced. Any feedback? Have you come across them?

We were shown these while looking in a window furnishings shop several months ago and thought they looked excellent! In fact I'm doing some more research on them now, and this thread came up on google, to see how they stack up against the hardwood shutter quote we received.

When we were being shown them, they looked really excellent, price point was definitely very favourable and one of the things I remember is that they can get wet with no issues (hence being ok for outside / bathrooms etc as well) but if they got a dent in them, you simply use a hair dryer and it restores itself to the correct shape!!!

Anyway, well worth checking out!
Just went & had another look at Fusion 20 shutters today & they look excellent. For some reason I thought they were considerably cheaper however they pretty much came in at the quote we were given for hardwood shutters

I think we may still go the Fusion 20 shutters though, they have a 20 yr warrantee & won't warp, chip or split.
karry327
Just went & had another look at Fusion 20 shutters today & they look excellent. For some reason I thought they were considerably cheaper however they pretty much came in at the quote we were given for hardwood shutters

I think we may still go the Fusion 20 shutters though, they have a 20 yr warrantee & won't warp, chip or split.

Hey Karry327,
they are very nice and durable shutters, one of the few that can be fitted indoors or outdoors.
Just wondered if anyone went ahead with the Fusion 20 shutters and if so are you happy with them?
hi how did you go with those fusion 20 shutters?
mtchairs
Just wondered if anyone went ahead with the Fusion 20 shutters and if so are you happy with them?

hi mate any news on the fusion 20 shutters?
Hey Robbie, no we didnt go with them. We actually went the complete opposite and got the top end of the range. I dont know if I could tell the difference but our installer who was contracted out to our blinds place gave me the feedback. If anyone is looking for a good plantation shutter company I would be very confident in recommending someone. The guy that did ours was a complete Plantation Shutter NUT! He is absolutely passionate about them and is such a nice guy - please pm me if you are interested. I will post some pics of ours sometime soon - need to get myself organized!
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum