Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Those people with bi-fold windows ....fly screen?

Page 1 of 1
hey guys.
As pre-start fast approaching to next week, we are trying to finalise on every single thing we'd like to upgrade/change/delete etc...

we'd love to have bi-fold windows to outdoor area(to alfresco which will be decked)
so that it can be wide open from living to alfresco.
we're getting alfresco decked and will have cafe blinds installed as well.
one thing strike me is.... if you have bi-fold, you obviously can't have normal sliding fly screens?
then when you open the bi-fold....you're fully exposed to mossies?????????
I heard from somewhere that you can have fly screens with bi-fold but the price was something ridiculous........

Anybody has bi-fold and fly screens or without? any problem?
what would you do....
thanks guys
Here's a couple of co's that supply screens to suit difficult openings.

http://www.screenit.net.au/
http://www.flyfree.com.au/new/index.cfm

Haven't had any experience with them yet - not at that stage of build.
We have a 5.something meter bifold going in.
Had a quote for the roll out reel type fly screen and nearly fell into the pit that was to be our pool.
Nearly as expensive as the bi fold doors themselves. So, I'm going to by one of those commercial grade (the ones you see in restaurant kitchens) insect zappers and mount it somewhere out of sight but within close proximity to the doorway.
Hey guys
thanks for the input
yeah..I heard they are very very very expensive..something ridiculous.
hmm..ok
I'd love it if those repellent can work well.......fingers crossed!
You could have a stacker door done as a window, some of these take a flyscreen (like ours). Or try www.ultrascreen.com.au
hey Ed. thanks for that
Could I please see the pic of yours if you don't mind?
what about the cost????????/
Cheers
saemiseon
hey Ed. thanks for that
Could I please see the pic of yours if you don't mind?
what about the cost????????/
Cheers

We do both the bifold window and we can make a small stacker door. email sales@ ecoclassic.com.au... mention my name, as I am not there right now. They will cost it for you. I don't have a pic, but it's a standard stacker door, like the one in our showroom, only shorter. Tell them to allow the Homeone discount.

Ed
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

4/11/2023
How to remove the security screen (A&L windows)?

Windows & Doors

You have no photo with your post. Best I can say is to remove an A&L flyscreen don't be afraid to distort the frame almost like a trapezium. It doesn't take a lot of…

8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum