Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Front Door rubber seals

Page 1 of 1
I have noticed that on new homes they have a compressible rubber seal around their front doors.

Does anyone know where to purchase this product?

I already have raven seals around my front door, but it is hard to close/open with ease & no I cannot adjust my lock catch.
12star
I have noticed that on new homes they have a compressible rubber seal around their front doors.

Does anyone know where to purchase this product?

I already have raven seals around my front door, but it is hard to close/open with ease & no I cannot adjust my lock catch.

The ones you are looking at have a profile that fits into a flute or channel in the timber or aluminium.

They are made by Schlegel and would be available (in quantity) from Alspec or Lincoln Sentry. The best is called Q-lon.
Ed
Thanks Ed, are these retrofitable?
Welcome.

I am sure there will be a self adhesive seal, but not so sure you will get Q-lon in that.

Ed
As well as the DIY range they sell at Bunnings etc Raven (http://www.raven.com.au/) sell a range of "architectural" products which have more advanced sealing options. Don't know where they sell those.
Raven (http://www.raven.com.au/) sell a range of "architectural" product

Yes I saw this after I had posted!
I don't know either, so the easiest is to ring 'em
lincoln sentry sell raven seals.Also self adhesive seals from hafele (part # 404.95.321 ) or fethers seal DS4 might do the job
Related
18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

24/04/2024
Ensure rubber gym floor is flush to floorboards in hallway?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, looking to have a gym in a new build. Planning to install some sort of rubber mat flooring (on concrete) i.e. Asking the builder to not do floorboards in the gym…

31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum