Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Need a good Blinds and curtain company in Melbourne.

Page 1 of 1
We are checking a few blind companies in the area .so far we have visited Victory,kresta and dollar curtains and blinds .

Victory seems more switched on and professional (just a opinion)but is more dearer than the rest .Its a larger network and more prompt in its customer service.

Iam wondering if anyone has used victory blinds and if they can offer any feedback.
txs
I used Victory for our Roman blinds. We had them installed over 2 years ago, and haven't had any issues with them at all. When they were installed, I wasn't happy with one blind, and they came out and re-installed without any problems.
I wil move this to the right section so you can get some more help
Can't comment on Victory but myself and quite alot of others have used these guys for Blinds -

www.intoblinds.com.au

They did Romans and Rollers for my house, Plantation Shutters for my neighbour, Dual Rollers for another neighbour.....great quality and great prices.
Hi,

My mum just had holland blinds installed by Victory and they matched the cheaper quote that she had from Kresta. The sales lady from Victory said she's not going to lose the sale so is happy to match. The blinds look great.

Cheers
Have you looked at smaller local businesses? For some reason, I have an aversion to using those big companies, and have always had great service and quality products from the local guys. Plus they usually have a much wider range of fabrics to choose from.

They may be able to price-match too...
txs . we had the intoblinds come around the day I called,seem like a good bunch of people with a good business ethic.
the price quoted for blinds and plantations came out the cheapest.They use Russian basswood ,dont know much about them.
Kresta ,were shocking got the quote after a month of seeing them,and expensive
If you are in SE Melbourne, you should look into Jaleigh (they are in Seaford). They were fantastic, cheap, and their customer service was excellent throughout, we got Romans and Hollands but they also do curtains I believe.

I definately think you should look into the other smaller companies like whats been said, I just didn't feel I had that personal touch when the Victory lady came out. Plus, with all their advertising, thats gotta be factored into their costs as they were definitely more expensive than smaller places that i went to.
Apart from all the companies mentioned here (Victory, Kresta, intoblinds, blind factory etc) we had MTC blinds come and give us a quote.
The guy was one of the nicest out of the 5 or so we saw, most of them were too busy bagging their competitors that it was an absolute turn off, i think they are in Dandy or close to.
Can anyone recommend a curtain company? We are only having one blind and it's in the kitchen. All the other windows will have curtains. (not dressing windows in bathrooms or toilets as they are really high windows with frosted glass)
andy
txs . we had the intoblinds come around the day I called,seem like a good bunch of people with a good business ethic.
the price quoted for blinds and plantations came out the cheapest.They use Russian basswood ,dont know much about them.
Kresta ,were shocking got the quote after a month of seeing them,and expensive

They (John and Mark) are lovely people and will do the right thing by you. I don't know anything about the Russian Basswood but my neighbour has a whole house of plantation shutters from intoblinds and they look fantastic.

Rowena
Can anyone recommend a curtain company? We are only having one blind and it's in the kitchen. All the other windows will have curtains. (not dressing windows in bathrooms or toilets as they are really high windows with frosted glass)

You can try these guys, located on Dalton Rd at Thomastown

http://www.whittleseadrapes.com.au/
txs guys their seem to be a whole lot of blind companies ,business must be good. I wish I could say the same thing about timber flooring .started a thread for a parquetry installer and didnt get 1 response ,they are as rare as hens teeth
If you are in the west I would like to shamelessly promote my dad

He works very hard and has excellent customer service; he has to because he owns it and doesn't have any staff!

His business is called Noles Home Improvements.

Thanks for reading!
House-To-Be

Rowena
Can anyone recommend a curtain company? We are only having one blind and it's in the kitchen. All the other windows will have curtains.

You can try these guys, located on Dalton Rd at Thomastown

http://www.whittleseadrapes.com.au/

There's also American International Drapes, just nearby on Settlement Rd. They don't seem to have a website
... we've used them in the past and their quality and service was tops. They were also competitive on pricing.

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/American-International-Drapes
Related
29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

21/04/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

I have motorised roller blinds in my house. I motorised all the blinds I use a lot and the ones that don’t get used too often I didn’t. I went through Motorise My…

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum