Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Cedar Garage Doors

Page 1 of 1
I'm thinking of going with a Cedar garage door - does anyone know roughly how much more expensive this is over a metal roller-door?

Also any user experience of cedar door products?
I really like the look of the cedar garage door but concerned about the level of maintenance and any other hidden issues..... please help.
You can always go for a timber look metal garage door instead if your worried about the maintenance.

I'm not sure on the costs for cedar doors, but for our timber look metal garage door we were charged an upgrade price of around $500. I think that may have been the cost for the actual door, not the difference between the normal door and the timber look tho.

Good luck!
Wow I didnt know that you can get actually cedar timber as a garage door
. Wouldn't the door be too heavy if it was solid wood?

erinleigh
I'm not sure on the costs for cedar doors, but for our timber look metal garage door we were charged an upgrade price of around $500. I think that may have been the cost for the actual door, not the difference between the normal door and the timber look tho.

I got charged $350 for the change of the look, so the same panel lift door, just in a different look.
It's not solid cedar but overlaid cedar wood panels. It's very schmick but heard there was possible maintenance issues...
Cedar is an extremely soft and light timber so weight is no issue at all. I would be concerned with maintenance and being very easily damaged as a concern.
so has anyone on this site installed a natural cedar garage door?
Related
18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

16/02/2024
Acrylic garage doors? Anyone?

Building A New House

It's a classic case of aesthetics subjugating function where style takes precedence over practicality.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum