Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Aluminium double doors

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has priced Double Aluminium doors. We have been quoted about $800. is this reasonable.
More info please?

Type?
Colour?
Brand?
Application?
Installation?
Delivery?
Supply only?

Etc

Ben
BUILDERSEDGE
More info please?

Type?
Colour?
Brand?
Application?
Installation?
Delivery?
Supply only?

Etc

Ben

Just white aluminium double doors - supply only.
Doesn't sound to bad

Ben
I am having the builder come around tonight to quote installation what would you say the ball park for this would be. I need a single double hung window taken out and then the opening made wider to install the double doors.
Looks like a good price.

For ours it's a variation in the contract....
Provide FD2210 French doors in lieu of 25 x 2210 sliding door $1,715
Provide FD2210 French doors in lieu of 25 x 2210 sliding window $1,355

They look like this....(see file attachment)
IMG_0751.jpg
price seems ok, i was quoted 720 i think for mine from a local company which i got all my windows from
Wingies
I am having the builder come around tonight to quote installation what would you say the ball park for this would be. I need a single double hung window taken out and then the opening made wider to install the double doors.

It will depend on a couple of things:

(1)Does the timber lintel need to be changed due to spanning a bigger distance?
(2)Removal of existing window
(3)Cut remove brickwork/cladding
(4)Removal of plaster, installation of window studs
(5)Marrying th enew sill into the floor, is it timber, concrete, carpet???
(6)Any services need relocating (electrical, plumbing etc)
(7)Supply and install of new architraves, mods to skirting etc
(8)Does the steel brick lintel need to be changed due to increased span?

If it was a straight cut out old window and fit new doors, should only be around $800-$1000, obviously the more work involved etc the price will go up.

We did a job for a client like this, we had to cut the double brick work out, and install steel lintels to both sides of the brick work, built a custom reveal (250mm+)
Married the new sill into the timber floor, skirting and architraves to both sides of the new window was around $3500 for two windows.

As you can see on the left hand side, the smaller window of the two has had the arcs put on and the sliding door was just about to have its archs installed.

We went to big lenghts to cover everything in plastic, as we had to wet cut with a demo saw inside the house.

Hope this gives you an idea of whats involved.

Ben
sounds about right depending on if its supply and install as well (you will need to consider the door frame as well) if in doubt the cheapest guys we use are Custom aluminium windows - 0411423465
good luck
BUILDERSEDGE
If it was a straight cut out old window and fit new doors,

Yep this is exactly what it is. We are renoing the Kitchen so the plaster will be off the wall and there is no electrical or such up that end of the wall.

The builder didn't turn up last night so coming tonight, I know have a bit of an idea what he might be looking at so I can see what he thinks. Will let you know what the quote ends up being.

Thanks for your help.
Related
16/01/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

I don't know them all, the first 2 top of your list are best known. Rylock is a good company, Stegbar is for sale.

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum