Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

2400mm x 1500mm wide opening - can i fit a sliding door?

Page 1 of 1
Hi!

Can anyone possibly tell me if you can get sliding doors to fit a 2400mm high by 1500mm wide opening?

I've tried to search on a few window and door manufacturer websites, but it doesnt seem to be covere with standard sizes..

Originally planned to have french doors here (2 openings out on to a covered terrace) but then thought of the issue about having fly screens...

Would prefer to have sliding doors, but not sure if it's 'do-able'...

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Adam
No problem in custom size but standard would be 2400 x 1450. Same width used by many project builders for their laundry door.

You can have flyscreens on a French door too..

Ed
EcoClassic
No problem in custom size but standard would be 2400 x 1450. Same width used by many project builders for their laundry door.

Ed

Thanks Ed!

How would the screen with the french doors operate? If the doors open outwards...and on one side, the doors don't meet up with a wall, but a post...if that makes sense??
BuildingACT
EcoClassic

Ed

Thanks Ed!

How would the screen with the french doors operate? If the doors open outwards...and on one side, the doors don't meet up with a wall, but a post...if that makes sense??

Not sure if you mean the French door is adapted to another window and has no reveal?

You have 2 choices - the standard hinged flydoors inside your reveal (unpretty). Or you can have a similar screen to the ones used on bifold doors, i.e. roller screen in a cassette either just one side on one on each side meeting in the middle. (www.ultrascreen.com.au )

Ed

Ed - one side of the door is on a corner, with a large floor to ceiling IGU meeting it at that corner (separated by a post)...

I think the 'cassette' option is the way i'll try and go...

Centor Architecture seem to have the screen systems i need, so I'm going to look into that as an option!

Do you happen to know anything about their hardware?

Southies - that's pretty much what I'm after! (but with timber framed doors)....do you know what company makes those??

thanks again!

Adam
Maybe you can only have the cassette on one side. Centor make the bifold hardware (rollers, hinges) and they make a bifold screen system. Not sure about French door. They are well known and reliable.

Ed
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

3/12/2023
Sliding door to bathroom noisy

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks Chippy . Did also see a YouTube video before. Removed them . Thanks again for the advice.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum