Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Solid Core Doors

Page 2 of 2
Eskay40
Corinthian have a couple of ranges of internal doors that are labelled semi-solid but have what they call "CoriTech" construction. That means that the centre is a mixture of MDF and polystyrene. It has the same noise reduction rating as a solid door, isn't as expensive and weighs slightly less. Not an ad, really...I just have done a lot of work on our design to stop noise travelling between rooms, with a music room designed in, a daughter that sings and a son that plays drums and listens to really loud music. It's all had to be taken into account and these doors are the best I could come up with. They're going on all the bedroom doors.

Their web site lists them as $165 per door but our builder is getting them and charging us about $140 ea. installed.

SK

Hi, I was looking to replace all my bedroom doors with "CoriTech", for acoustic reasons, and I came across this post.

If you installed them could you please help me with some information? I'm interested to know:
- how did it perform in time?
- did you have to change the door jambs as well, for the CoriTech doors?
- what type of hinges and how many did your builder use to install them?

I currently have hollow core doors 820x2040x35mm installed with 3x89mm hinges each and I was wondering if I could just replace the doors, keep the jambs, reuse the hardware and just add one extra hinge.

Tks.
Related
5/02/2024
Terra mater - Resiplank Rigid core hybrid flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hello all, I am thinking of getting my flooring replaced with Hybrid flooring. I visited some shops(only reputed ones, for better service and warranty). So far i liked…

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum