Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Sliding Flyscreen Door Options

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I’m looking to replace my Dowell fibreglass flyscreen mesh sliding door. Our dog scratches against it every now and again and puts holes in it. Have tried replacing the mesh with stronger stuff to no avail. The frame is a bit bent too so looking to replace the whole door.

My issue is all the door replacement companies I’m contacting only install security screens with a ton of anti burglary features which I’m not after that cost $900+. I’m just after a fly screen sliding door made of a metal material that looks good and a dog can’t scratch through. I thought I’d be able to get an off the shelf replacement door (1210x2100) but haven’t had any luck. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers
Sam
You want stainless steel mesh instead of fibre glass in a flyscreen door - not a barrier door or a security door. - that's the cheap option.
Related
13/03/2024
Attaching a flyscreen in a rental

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Follow up question - any ideas on how to set up a portable air conditioner through this kind of window?

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum