i've recently got a tender for a new build house. I have asked for the windows size and sliding door size to change. Here is what they've quoted me:
- W5 size change from 1570x1800 to 1810x1800 - $600
- D4/S change from 1810x2400 to 3250x2100 - $1200 - This is the full price of the door not additional price, when we spoke last week you told me would be around $300 to upgrade
- W7 size change from 1570x600 to 3250x600 - $1100
- 3xW4 size change from 1570x1200 to 1800x1800 - $3200 – this also looks like the full price not the additional price.
- Additional sliding door in walk-in - $1300
- Additional W4 in Master Bed - $850 – we were told unlimited windows will be provided so why its additional?
- W6 size chaneg from 850x1200 to 850x1800 - $600
- Converting bedroom windows (3xW4) to awning – $1000 - isn’t this the same as point 4?
Does this look right? i'm a first home builder, but this looks too expensive. what are your thoughts?
Any window guys here?