Paving & Concreting
Mar 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Hi there, I’ve posted a job online and I’m getting all sorts of different quotes for labour and material costs.
I am hoping someone can offer me some guidance with the following:
1. If the materials I have worked out looks about right.
2. What sort of timeframe the job can be achieved in, say with two bricklayers. (Ie. 12 hours, 2 days, 3 days with 2 people or one full day with 3 etc)
3. What I should be expecting to pay for such a job.
4. What should I expect to pay a good bricklayer as a day rate.
The materials required have been calculated as follows:
MATERIAL: approx. $1200 (inc. GST) which consist of
• Concrete blocks x 125 (2/3rds are 390x190x190 and other 1/3 are 390x190x90)
• for mortar (10 bags of cement + 2 bags of lime)
• for footings (10-12 bags of cement)
• for cement to be poured into concrete blocks (12 bags of cement)
• steel rods for footings (16 rods: 300mm x 12mm)
• steel rods to be put through the cement blocks from top to bottom (16 rods: 2100 x 12mm)
Dimensions of the desired posts:
Re: Guidance with labour and material costs for my concrete3
Mar 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Tap the text of the post and you’ll be presented with post options. Select More, then choose Edit Post. let us know if still presented with issues.
The window to edit posts is usually 24 hours, yet first posts of topics can be edited whenever.
Re: Guidance with labour and material costs for my concrete5
Mar 28, 2019 12:37 pm
Homeone, is there a reason no one has responded to my thread topic? Maybe I’m missing something in the settings or I didn’t check a box. Or maybe I needed to come across like more of a simpleton with no clue about anything? ie. come across as more helpless and needy? or maybe I needed to just dumbs things down ?
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
timthetoolman44What Were Your Site Costs?What Were Your Site Costs?
I'm assuming you've gone with one of the volume builders who got you sucked in with a cheap price and then they're now getting their margins back on the site costs and as…