Paving & Concreting
Mar 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Hi there, I’ve posted a job online and I’m getting all sorts of different quotes for labour and material costs.
I am hoping someone can offer me some guidance with the following:
1. If the materials I have worked out looks about right.
2. What sort of timeframe the job can be achieved in, say with two bricklayers. (Ie. 12 hours, 2 days, 3 days with 2 people or one full day with 3 etc)
3. What I should be expecting to pay for such a job.
4. What should I expect to pay a good bricklayer as a day rate.
The materials required have been calculated as follows:
MATERIAL: approx. $1200 (inc. GST) which consist of
• Concrete blocks x 125 (2/3rds are 390x190x190 and other 1/3 are 390x190x90)
• for mortar (10 bags of cement + 2 bags of lime)
• for footings (10-12 bags of cement)
• for cement to be poured into concrete blocks (12 bags of cement)
• steel rods for footings (16 rods: 300mm x 12mm)
• steel rods to be put through the cement blocks from top to bottom (16 rods: 2100 x 12mm)
Dimensions of the desired posts:
Re: Guidance with labour and material costs for my concrete3
Mar 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Tap the text of the post and you’ll be presented with post options. Select More, then choose Edit Post. let us know if still presented with issues.
The window to edit posts is usually 24 hours, yet first posts of topics can be edited whenever.
Re: Guidance with labour and material costs for my concrete5
Mar 28, 2019 12:37 pm
Homeone, is there a reason no one has responded to my thread topic? Maybe I’m missing something in the settings or I didn’t check a box. Or maybe I needed to come across like more of a simpleton with no clue about anything? ie. come across as more helpless and needy? or maybe I needed to just dumbs things down ?
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
qldhomeGuidance on new Plantation homes buildGuidance on new Plantation homes build
Hi all I'm in the contracting stage and am seeking advice and help with expectation setting around when I could move to construction (putting aside what they tell me). I…
barath BoseGuidance needed on Cost of Building a HomeGuidance needed on Cost of Building a Home
Hi Koda Hi Mate, Thanks for your reply. I am building in NSW south west. Please refer me a builder I will have a chat with him. Thanks, Barath
kryssWhat's this material under ceramic tile?What's this material under ceramic tile?
Hi guys - long story short, we had natural timber flooring installed in our 80s home. The installers removed the carpet and ripped up the ceramic floor tiles in our…