Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Opinion on concrete path please

Page 1 of 1
Would you accept this path? Hopefully you can see the mound of concrete around the drains then the slope around it with no real straight gradient. I’m told I don’t know what I’m talking about but I just see a terrible job.
This looks like a terrible job to me. The drain seems to be the highest point in that section and the slope down (to the left of the picture) appears uneven. The surface finish is terrible too.
I would not accept this at all.
I'm no expert but that looks terrible to me as well and I wouldn't accept it. Apart for the mound around the drain (unless water flows uphill in your part of the world!) the whole thing is uneven.
Have a look at the 'height' of the weep hole above the finished surface.

What is the white thing to the right of the black grate and what type of drain is the black grate?
SaveH2O
Have a look at the 'height' of the weep hole above the finished surface.

What is the white thing to the right of the black grate and what type of drain is the black grate?

Yep terrible job.

The black thing is the water drain that’s why it’s positioned directly under the tap and I’d guess that white thing is where they terminate the pest/termite barrier, maybe pump the chemicals into the pipes through that.

Looks like they have made the right path too high and then have had to drop below the weep hole when doing this section causing the uneven look. Amateurs.
The house or the concrete path (original on the right) looks unlevel... which one is level and which one isn’t ?

It looks weird. The black grate isn't an ORG cover but you need to make sure that it isn't an ORG because it is far too high if it is. It defies logic if it is a surface water drain.

They have concreted above the Damp Proof Course!

They shouldn't have accepted the job unless the original path was also replaced.
This was just one of many disasters on this build. We successfully got out of our contract because of their numerous failures in the build. We then went with Eden Brae and had a fantastic experience and well built home.
Kim72
Would you accept this path? Hopefully you can see the mound of concrete around the drains then the slope around it with no real straight gradient. I’m told I don’t know what I’m talking about but I just see a terrible job.

Hi there,

First things first, yep it is a very messy job that has been done with no care taken.
Things to consider.... is it ORG or a drain? so could it have been lowered or risen.
Weep holes have a set level of which concrete can be at, ie: 50 mm belowbottom of weep hole.
is the existing concrete part of the house slab? or could it have been removed?
is there ableflex along the wall and has the what looks like water pipe been properly lagged as not to break if the concrete moves.
why is there concrete all over the brick work and where are the expansion cuts for cracks.

plus many??????

regards

john johnny concrete
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

27/01/2024
Porte cochère - separate pedestrian gate/path?

Building A New House

Thank you so much for your response. I have drawn a pedestrian gate in - for curb appeal, let's see how much costs come in at. I think you're right - if we decide to…

16/01/2024
Side path options

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all Following the recent heavy rainfall in Sydney, I am keen on redirecting water away from the house's base as much as…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum