Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Exposed Agg vs Coloured Concrete

Page 1 of 1
We should hopefully have handover of our house in approx. 3 weeks, so we have started to think about the driveway. At this stage we are torn between coloured concrete (a blue/grey colour, with cuts that make it look like large tiles) vs exposed agg (also a dark colour). Whilst I do like the sandy exposed agg, it isn't the right colour for our façade.

We have driven around some new estates and overwhelming exposed agg is the most popular. Just wanted to hear people's thoughts and feedback on both of these? Is one better than the other? We went and looked at samples today at the concrete pre-mix place and the price difference between the 2 didn't seem to be that big so price isn't a worry.
Exposed Agg has so much more character...go for it. Any color concrete driveway will fail the color match test after a couple of years.
Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum