Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Concrete/Mortar for Sandstone Rock Retianing Wall

Page 1 of 1
I have just completed a low-height dry-stack retaining wall made of small sandstone boulders (1-2 man rocks). I want to finish off the wall by capping it with some of the more "flattish" rocks I have left over. To make it easy to level off I would like to put them on a bed of mortar or concrete which will also help lock in the top of the wall and make sure there is nothing loose on top.

For sandstone what would be the appropriate sand/cement mix? Also, most of the rocks are grey in colour so what do I need to do to make the mortar the same sort of colour?
Just bumping this request. Any advice would be appreciated.
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

27/01/2024
Building on rock

Buying Land

Hi all, I have been looking at land in South Australia, that is on a slope however most of the core excavation is complete, with a flat area to place a house. The agent…

20/06/2023
San Selmo Reclaimed Original - Mortar Joint

Building A New House

Hi, I am planning to select San Selmo reclaimed original for the fascade of my build. I have seen many photos on line of the brick varying from a rustic to a neat finish.…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum