Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Concrete slab over deck footings (pour at same time)

Page 1 of 1
In the process of sorting out the footing pads and spa foundation, however I'm a little unsure if you can lay (at the same time) a concrete slab over deck footings.

I've mocked up a quick drawing, and as you can see for the 3 left deck footings they are essentially half way under the concrete slab.

1. Can I simply put the slab formwork over the footing hole and concrete both at the same time?
2. If you do pour both at the same time, does this mean I cannot have roadbase under the slab (as it will fall into the footing holes)?
2. If you don't pour both at the same time will this make it more prone to cracking or anything like that?
3. Could I extend the slab a little further to the right so it fully covers the footing holes? Do you loose the structural intent of the footings in this case?

Deck and house plans have already been sorted, so don't really want to add a cantilever to the deck.

I've quickly mocked up some rough diagrams of what I'm trying to achieve as it seems my questions are a little unclear.

Can I pour the deck footings and spa slab at the same time (deck will not be installed yet). Slab is overlapping the deck foundations to try and get the spa as close to the deck as possible.

I would prefer to pour the slab a little bigger which fully covers the foundations like this. Is this also viable (i.e. concrete will not crack and the footings still will achieve the engineers intent. Pour at once, or separate times?

Any advise is much appreciated!
DLO33
I've quickly mocked up some rough diagrams of what I'm trying to achieve as it seems my questions are a little unclear.

Can I pour the deck footings and spa slab at the same time (deck will not be installed yet). Slab is overlapping the deck foundations to try and get the spa as close to the deck as possible.

I would prefer to pour the slab a little bigger which fully covers the foundations like this. Is this also viable (i.e. concrete will not crack and the footings still will achieve the engineers intent. Pour at once, or separate times?

Any advise is much appreciated!

Just showed my partner who is a concrete pumper. He said it can't see any dramas but it really comes down to the engineer.
Sometimes they get a bit funny with pouring footings with the slabs.

I don't really see why you need footings and a slab.

If it were me I would
Related
20/04/2024
Shed Slab over Soakwell

General Discussion

One corner of my shed slab will be directly over a 1400mm diameter concrete soakwell. Is it feasible to fill the soakwell with concrete then lay the shed slab over the…

3/07/2023
Butchered concrete over overflow relief gully

General Discussion

Much a do about nothing. You can see the fall heading to the actual drains. Stormwater ingress will be minimal and it's far better to have the top sitting flush rather…

26/12/2023
Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Building A New House

As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum