Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Clay, Concrete or Limestone Pavers

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just wanting some opinions.
I can't decide if I am going to use clay, concrete or limestone pavers.

I know most of the pros and cons of each, mainly ben that clay pavers are more hard wearing and do not fade, as well as they are ore stain resistant and they do not require sealing. However, they are not available in the large sizes and colour options of concrete and limestone. Plus they are more expensive.

Interested to see what people think on this one.

Thanks

Emille
I assume these should not only be technically sound with good parameters, but also fit the whole environment aestheticallly. It'd help if you highlighted what they will to go with

but maybe I'm wrong and you're here only for advices about technicalities of the material
Ha! Yes, that maybe would help. I am more after the technical aspects of why you would go one over the other, however here are some details about the house.

Bricks - Red Smooth (Brikmakers)
White Mortar
Surfmist, roof, fascia, gutters and verandah poles
White window frames

It is a farmhouse stye house..

Related
18/01/2024
Soft clay in footing

Landscape & Garden Design

I've dug some footings to embed a post anchor into. My holes are around 450mm deep which I'll put a 200mm stirrup into. The bottom of these holes seem firm enough. …

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum