Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Do you recommend light coloured exposed aggregate?

Page 1 of 1
I just prefer the lighter coloured ones to the darker ones. Are they less practical? Do they get stained easily?

Maybe I should consider a salt n pepper type mix.

While I'm here, are all mixes created equal? Is Boral than other brands?

Thanks!
i just had my aggregate driveway redone due to it being slippery and dangerous .
so just be careful if you are on a steep driveway.
but apart from that i would try a salt and pepper mix it does look nice.
with a lighter color it would show oil and everything.
i had a dark driveway and apart from its problems it never showed up marks.
We are starting to consider driveway options. The light colours look nice but are likely to show tyre and oil marks. Does anyone have any colours to recommend?
Devils advocate but seal the driveway and make sure your car doesn't drip oil. If it does drip oil your car is unroadworthy.

Go with the colour you like and seal it. Will also prevent the moss from growing.

Thanks everyone for your comments. We did go with a salt & pepper mix from Holcim. Turned out really well. Already can see it doesn't show up dirty too badly. We are going to seal it very shortly, a couple of layers.
Nice one CH

Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum