Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Best way to level small concrete slab?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All, our rainwater tank slab needs levelling as it slopes to the back.

Is it possible to level the slab by adding a thin layer (1-2cm) of concrete to the top or will this separate or crack away over time?

If it's a possibility what are the best methods or additives to achieve good adhesion and a lasting finish?
check out ardit floor leveler
cherub
check out ardit floor leveler

Thanks, this seems to have done the trick.
Has the topping cracked off yet?
Any suggestions on the suitability of doing this?

Had concrete done and the concreter put a 20mm edge where the tank is to go and a very slight lean foward across where the tank is to go. They seem like they will try to take as little responsibility as possible.

Trying to work out how to correct this. Slab was laid 110mm deep, and SL73 mesh in the area under the tank, but trying to work out if I can have a concrete grinder remove the slope, use a new thin (say 1" think) pour on top, or use a leveling compound?

Anybody done this before?
Related
24/09/2023
Best way to attach perspex to an aluminium fence

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Using a rivet sounds like a good idea thanks

22/04/2024
Best way to clean and fix the pavement

Landscape & Garden Design

I have stone pavement (?) in my backyard around the pool. I have not tended to them and so there is moss growing on them. I intend to clean them but was wondering what the…

19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum