Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

concrete slabs, do you need council approval?

Page 1 of 1
it's in the title. I know I can build a small garden shed up to a certain size without requiring approval, but what if I want to put said shed on a concrete slab say 8 by 7 metres (or there abouts)?

I live in NSW on the central coast

The slab would be at the back of the block which has rear lane access and would eventually house a larger garage (which would require approval), but in the interim, what would I need to do?

and later, what would I need to do to use an existing slab to build a garage on?

My place has no sewer, water or anything under the ground at the back of the place, all that sort of stuff comes from the front of the property.
I say you would
I called my local council in Sydney and enquired about a 4 x 5m stab that would go under a decking......they said i needed to do a DA or go through certification. Boo hoo I said.
I did figure as much, thanks
I think if you already move in, you don't need to report council...unless it's really huge shed and concrete....or your neighbour reports you, which sometimes happen....
Related
13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

6/02/2024
P vs H2 Slabs

Building A New House

my suspicion - some builders, they do usually make 'odd' settings in their site plan / pricing as their standards - being hopeful that first - the initial price is…

29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum