Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Painting concrete

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
wondering how to go about painting the concrete outdoor area?
It presently is very worn green, with yellow under it and then the concrete.
Thanks
Best and longest wearing is a two pack epoxy but the colour range may be a bit limited - may be a bit industrial but certainly long lasting! Sika make it, so maybe try someone who can get it in for you - Bunnings carry some Sika stuff.
Builda
Best and longest wearing is a two pack epoxy but the colour range may be a bit limited - may be a bit industrial but certainly long lasting! Sika make it, so maybe try someone who can get it in for you - Bunnings carry some Sika stuff.

Be very careful when using two pack paints these have a stronger thinner like xylene or lacquer based so when u apply these on painted surface they can react with the paint and peel it up and u will be up for more work cleanig it off

so i recomend ( sorry builda not looking for an argument) to use a turps based product like Berger jet dry this has a decent colour range and had other options like non slip, heavy duty and anti skid additive
or another good one is White knight ultra pave it is a water based product that claims to stick to oil based products (and it does ive used it. the oil paint needs a light sand to get rid of the gloss level and has to be clean)
oh yeah it is also has a satin finish which makes it non slip

all the best

EGGENZ 2006
Related
14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum