Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Help : Choosing Driveway Exposed Aggregate

Page 1 of 1
This is our house, we gonna get the key 2 weeks from now.. Yay !!!!!
just want some recommendation on driveway colour for exposed aggregate

This is the one that i like from mentone premix

This is the one recomended by P&A Gatt Concrete (Phill)

Thanks guys....
I agree with the builder or Phill if that's the concrete man. It'll like nice which ever one you choose. The pebbles in picture 2 compliment the stack stone better.
Thanks Dollar for your advise, the top one is around 285 per cubic meter, but the second one is only 140 per cubic meter, i really dont know whats the different with those two. im just scare within 2 years it will crack. any idea ?
Why will it crack?
Which mix did you go for?
What cement ratio?
Is it colour or grey cement?
Will it be sealed?
How much and by whom?
Will it be acid etched?
What level of exposure do you want the mix to have?
What is the name of the reveal chemical?
What slump will the exposed mix be at when the granos placing it?

Just a few questions you could ask... this is the only way I could help.

I am a fan of exposed aggregate
... I cannot believe you will be buying concrete for an exposed job for 140$...
Is this why it will crack?
The top exposed aggregate mix is around $900 cubic metre @ mentone, holcim cemex, hansens...
elsewhere.
...it works out to $90 sq mtr some people pay more than that for tiles and pavers.
I would be worried that the premix company couldn't afford to have enough cement in there, unless it is mostly flyash.
Onc
hi onc_artisan

i was surprise too, it is too cheap for expose aggregate, i checked on midway this morning, the cheapest was 260 bucks per cubic meter.the concreter name is Phill from P&A Gatt P/L Concretor, if you see the second picture i attached on my first post, thats the one. He quote me $4000 for 41 meter square with F62, control joints,saw cut, pins, plain finished,bobcat hiring, tipping fee (all in )
all of the above and was $400 including GST or cash?
and what about acid etching and sealing?
hi onc_artisan

4000 incl GST ( and he gave bonus to make my crossover bigger ), what is ecid etching and sealing ?
this the one i like from midway premix sunshine, 265 per cubic meter

you should ask him?
Just like the other questions I posed above.
What does F62 mean? I am all new to this.

We have been quoted about $450 extra for our alfresco and portico area which too me is damn good.
f62 is mesh weight (thickness)
Ooooh thanks very much. What's F52? Does a smaller ratio mean it's crap compared to say F62? Do they determine this number based on the slope etc?
http://www.sydneymesh.com.au/reinesh.htm
Wow thanks Onc.
Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum