Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Cracked Footpath/ future driveway!

Page 1 of 1
The co. building the house behind my block pushed a whole lot of sand onto my block.After 4 weeks and numerous calls to the builder ,they finally removed the sand on Friday. In doing so ,they cracked (500 mmlong)the corner of the concrete footpath where I will eventually have my driveway.Should I contact the builder behind to repair it or wait until my build is complete and then repair(which will be at my expense).Fortunately ,I had taken photos of the footpath before they cracked it.Also ,what is the correct way of repairing it, do they replace the 2m x 1.5 m piece of footpath between expansion joints or just repair the corner where the damage is.I don't want a patched looking driveway. Any advice?
Repair the whole panel Gazza
the builder should pay. they can't do that without repercussions
Hi Gazza

the builder should have to fix it. make sure it gets fixed before you get hand over or you will have to pay
and the whole footpath bay will be replaced
It is not my builder that damaged the panel ,it was the builder behind my block.I got hold of the site supervisor and he is looking into it.Been a week and no action'
Just remind them Gazza

It might be on the agenda but you don't know that so ask
Either your builder, or the other builder, should possibly backcharge the tradie who did the removing or sand placement. Your council will not refund any kerb bond until it's fixed. Either way, you should not have to pay.
Firm and frequent reminders about the old business adage: "you break it, you pay for it". You might have to chase them up but if you don't, then they are unlikely to impress you with their enthusiasm for offering to replace it.

Don't leave it too long, these situations tend to have a 'best-before' date attached to them
The longer you leave it, the harder it is to prove that it was them.

Good luck!
^^ V is on the pace again... don't let it get too long in the tooth

Business people are not elephants unless you owe them
High five Onc!

(yes I'm a hopeless dag
)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... JPG/120px-
The builder behind has cracked another 2 panels ,thats a total of 3 panels damaged . I've contacted the superviser and parties who damaged it and they are giving me the run-around.Must have made in excess of 20 mobile calls and no joy.Quote to repair was $1150 ,frustating part is that it is not the building co. I'm building with.Considering legal options.
The builder has removed the 3 damaged panels and is going to replace it with roadbase. I will take care of it after my build is complete. Hopefully this the end.
Related
30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

23/12/2023
How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall/paint from skirtin

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi there, I just recently received my new house from my builder. We handed the house to another company to deal with the…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum