Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

NEW DRIVEWAY COSTS & QUOTES NEEDED-SANDARRA ESTATE !! HELP!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

My new home is currently at lock-up stage in Sandarra, Sandhurst and will hopefully be completed by April/May 2010. I was therefore looking at obtaing a competitive quote for either concrete or paving for my driveway and porch area.

The total size is approx 40m2 (square metres) in total and I was hoping to obtain a very reasonable quote (as we are on a tight budget) including labour, materials and all inclusive for the following options:

1. Exposed Aggregate (nothing too fancy)
2. Concrete Pavers
3. Stencilled or Painted Concrete

Please note that we may require a floor drain/grill near the double garage entrance as well and please include these costs in the quote.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

cheers

Tranceozzy
Hey mate,

We've been doing a little budgeting in this area, so far from our research around the $110 per m2 +/- $10 is around the going rate for exposed agg, it varies according to who the contractor is, mix, total area etc.
It might pay to do a forum search and have a look through some of the build threads who have had it put down.
Hels instantly comes to mind, mainly because i like it so much
, and there were a couple of others in the cranbourne estates laying it as well who may have some contacts you can look up.

Other option if your looking at exposed agg would be to contact mentone premix, they list on the site that they have a number of granos/concreters on their books whose details they'll pass on. (as they only do the mix not the labour/setout).

Something else we've considered but not got around to looking at in person (or getting quotes) is for 'liquid limestone'. My understanding is its basically concrete with a portion of pulverised limestone instead of cement or somesuch.
Thats then cut to be patterned. They also have a listed display/reseller in seaford. http://www.lifestone.com.au/

We'll be in the same boat hopefully towards the end of the year (that is if they ever finsh stage 5
I've been doing the rounds with concretors (if they call me back!!!) and getting an idea of costs, we're looking at exposed agg around $85sqm which does not include any excavation costs. This concretor has been highly recommended by Cranbourne soil and I've gone around and seen a bit of his work and it looks great, if you are interested I can PM you his details.
Thanks a tonne... Belial & Rj_Louise!!

@ Rj_louise- The $85.00 sounds around my budget and I would appreciate it if you could please PM the details to me..cheers

@ belial even the post by Hels has been very helpful as she reckons her quote was around $95.00-$100 per sq m all inclusive!!

Thanks guys
The $100 sq mtr is about what we charge for a midrange cost aggregate mix, pretty much around the country.
Though Sydney seems to have the most expensive aggregate mix @ around $500 cubic mtr and only a few different
choices.
The cheaper the mix the less expensive the cost.
In Perth the most expensive aggregate mix is around $470 cubic mtr, cheapest is about $257.
Melbourne’s most expensive is around $450 cheapest is about $250.

Things that effect the cost are :distance from the batch plant, intricacies and difficulties.
tranceozzy
Thanks a tonne... Belial & Rj_Louise!!

@ Rj_louise- The $85.00 sounds around my budget and I would appreciate it if you could please PM the details to me..cheers

@ belial even the post by Hels has been very helpful as she reckons her quote was around $95.00-$100 per sq m all inclusive!!

Thanks guys

Hels has a beautiful driveway and she was nice enough to give me her contact which I did speak to, unfortunately he said he'd call me back the next day to arrange a time for site inspection and I haven't heard from him since!
rj - Did you get it sorted?
Everything is now sorted, have organised for a second concretor to come and do a quote.

The first quote including excav, crushed rock etc works out at $95 per sqm and I can choose whatever mix I like. It will be interesting to see what the second quote comes back as.
Hi,
My name is chris I've just read your posts and i'm a concretor.
I'm not quit sure if am allowed to put in prices but here is my email if you like a quote.
Onc- do you know what the ave going price for poured limestone in perth area is (75 sq m ,driveway thickness? )

Also ,what are the pro's and con's of aggr vs limestone long term?
If you want an average job for an average price I have no idea

an average job is a mark of, 5 out of 10

But the intricacies are what set the cost of the job.
Length of forms used... pipes, drains, falls, etc
and the amount of concrete is not always the guiding factor

I see you ask for 75mm
so no mesh...?
If the concrete cracks which it will
then the path is no longer monolithic
and can move around.( I hate that)

No point in putting mesh into 75mm because 75mm less 10mm+ of mesh ...
is less than 32mm of cover, ...if the mesh is held perfectly flat(it won't happen)
and a high probability the mesh would be on the bottom of the concrete...
...the most subject area to corrosion wet/moist/ dry/hot...wet/moist/ dry/hot...
and near the beach

Cost of supply and place $85 sq but consider the above and we have a minimum thickness of 86mm
but prefer 100mm as we know it will be in great condition for a long time.
IMHO
rj_louise
Everything is now sorted, have organised for a second concretor to come and do a quote.

The first quote including excav, crushed rock etc works out at $95 per sqm and I can choose whatever mix I like. It will be interesting to see what the second quote comes back as.

Did Grant come out to quote? he is usually very reliable.
of on a tangent there guys sorry 'bout that, would you believe I was
speed reading

Original question : How much for 75sqs x $85= about 6350.
So site works ie a standard setup is included.
Hope that helps
Hels
rj_louise

Did Grant come out to quote? he is usually very reliable.

Hels, I spoke to Grant on Friday, he said he was on his way to the house to do the quote but I haven't heard back since then. I expect to get a call in the next couple of days hopefully. Thanks again for the contact.
I will be in the same boat at the beginning of next year. We are also building in Sandarra(release 12).

I have been quoted $79 for coloured concrete and $89 for stamped. My driveway will be 53 sq. metres.

Quote is through Big M ........ are they reasonable or is it money for jam????
@ Corked....welcome to the concrete jungle..hahaha!!

Well with all my research and calling around etc...these are what I found the best prices to be:

Plain Concrete: $35-40m2 (all inclusive) unless off course there's extra excavation or slopes.
Coloured Concrete: $40-$45m2
Stencilled Concrete: $45-$55m2
Exposed Agg (basic-advanced): $70-$105m2

The bottom line is "WHO" is doing the job and if they can provide a minimum of three genuine references. If not then I wouldn't really bother as there are heaps of quoters and very few professionals.

Hope this helps.

cheers
Just remember you get what you pay for
Related
16/01/2024
New house's driveway under CDC ?

Building A New House

you need to make an application to your local council for this as they are the approval authority for driveways cheers Simeon

29/05/2023
Stair landing on slanted driveway.

Renovation + Home Improvement

thanks Chippy, that's a awesome suggestion.

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum