Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Paving - How much?

Page 1 of 1
We have a small paving job to be done.

Basically the job is to pave over a garden bed (approx. 4 square metres in size) to match in with the existing surrounding paving. The paving would be done in 30cm by 30cm concrete pavers.
Would anyone know the approximate cost of such a job?

Also if anyone knows a good paver in the SE suburbs of Melbourne would be appreciated.

Thank you.
For such a small size, could you not try it yourself?
Mate. For such a small area just do it yourself.

Buy the pavers and about 3 sqm for sand and blue metal. And hire a compactor.

Just level the ground, pour the sand and level and then blue metal on top & level.

Then lay the pavers and level.

Then pour rest of sand over pavers and brush into the cracks.

Done.
Thanks.

I know an option would be to do this myself but it is a 4m square patch in the middle of paving that has been professionally done....I am pretty sure if I did it myself it would always look like a badly laid patch.

So for what I would expect would not be an exhorbitant cost I'd prefer to get a professional in to make sure it looked as good as the rest of the paving.
For 4m2 it will be a tough job getting someone to do it.
I am looking at an area of 24sqm, will I get someone to do that size and if yes what is a average budget per sqm?
You can really only go look at some pavers and get prices. Pavers can be cheap or cost a motza. How fat is your wallet. Honestly it is a tough call to give
Fu Manchu
You can really only go look at some pavers and get prices. Pavers can be cheap or cost a motza. How fat is your wallet. Honestly it is a tough call to give

Fair call, but is there an average labour cost for getting someone to do it? I am not too bad in the handy stakes but it seems to be alrge area that I would rather not stuff up, so maybe a professional is the better way to go
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

26/12/2023
Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Building A New House

As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum