Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Steep driveway bumping my new Car towbar

Page 1 of 1
We have a steep driveway leading to our garage. Our four-wheel drive clears the driveway comfortably but our new car has problems as the tow bar scrapes the driveway at the very bottom of it. We know the problem area is at the intersection of our driveway and the councils paving (see attached image).

The problem will certainly go away if the "joining" area is filled with some asphalt or some kind of a "bump" like the ones you see on the road. Question is, is it legal for me to do the work myself as its not really within my property.

Also what other suggestion can you think of to help me save my shiny new car
. We actually tested the car through the driveway before buying it but didn't realise the tow bar would cause an issue as it was purchased after the test drive.

Any help appreciated.
it's easier if you can go up at an angle - so widen the driveway a little maybe? Or try reversing up.

Ed
Thanks ed, I forgot to mention that both sides of the driveway there is a concrete wall. So there is no room to go sideways

cheers,
Jeffery
what car is it? An option is to get air shockers in the rear, which you can pump up at any servo, this will make the back end of the car higher to allow you to make it up the driveway. http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/mon_air.cfm
Regards Andrew
I had the same problem. The builder ripped up the existing path, then reconcreted the whole thing. making the footpath an extention of my drive. However it cost me an extra $1000.

well worth it though
Related
2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum