Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

driveway related query

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
I am in the process of a new home build in Victoria,, currently looking to build driveways, before I engage a professional, appreciate if someone tell what the features of exposed aggregate driveway I should look for, such as strength, thickness of the driveway, possible cost etc.

Thanks
RS0308
Hi there,
I am in the process of a new home build in Victoria,, currently looking to build driveways, before I engage a professional, appreciate if someone tell what the features of exposed aggregate driveway I should look for, such as strength, thickness of the driveway, possible cost etc.

Thanks

+30MPA, 100MM, 120 to well over 300per sqm depending on excavation is required, any pits to be levelend/extended, type of aggrege/concrete color chosen. whether your concreting is mechanically joined to your slab etc.

first stop would be to a concrete mix place to view their aggregate mixes. Dont rely on photos. its not the same. They usually have sample slabs up on display and should point you towards any concreters they recommend. At that point you will have the concrete price per SQM laid and can work out with the concreters what else needs to be done.
ponzutwo
RS0308
Hi there,

Thanks

+30MPA, 100MM, 120 to well over 300per sqm depending on excavation is required, any pits to be levelend/extended, type of aggrege/concrete color chosen. whether your concreting is mechanically joined to your slab etc.

first stop would be to a concrete mix place to view their aggregate mixes. Dont rely on photos. its not the same. They usually have sample slabs up on display and should point you towards any concreters they recommend. At that point you will have the concrete price per SQM laid and can work out with the concreters what else needs to be done.

Thank you ponzutwo for the information, much appreciated.
Related
9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

29/05/2023
Stair landing on slanted driveway.

Renovation + Home Improvement

thanks Chippy, that's a awesome suggestion.

12/06/2023
Driveway works under a CDC

Renovation + Home Improvement

I want to build a bigger driveway (without a nature strip) than has been approved under my CDC. I’ve also had a DA approved to build a deck. It looks like I can do this…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum