Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Paving stepping stone issue

Page 1 of 1
Hi.

I need a bit of advice please.

I just laid down these 400x600x30mm pavers with just 2 sides of cement/sand mix supporting it. Thinking this will support the weight of foot traffic, I realise that I may need to move full loads of a wheelbarrow across it from time to time and that it may break the 30mm thick pavers over time.

My options are

1. Run cement across the other 2 edges under the paver - leaving the center empty, supported by the 4 edges of cement mix supporting it.
  2. Fill the entire gap underneath with cement to support it.
  3. Fill gap undeath with a sub base such as road base or blue metal

I will be using road base surrounding the pavers to pack it up about 50mm and then laying 20mm Cowra pebbles on top of them.
I would prefer to go with option 3 - fill it with road base as that is easier than hand mixing more cement/sand in wheel barrow.
Do you think the road base option is sufficient to support the traffic above?

Thank you in advance.
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

26/12/2023
Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Building A New House

As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum