Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Limestone pavers - are they destroyed?

Page 1 of 1
We had limestone pavers installed by our pool builder.

Would really appreciate some feedback on this as the builder is blaming us for it, even though we have had nothing to do with the process.

They looked fantastic when we bought them and when they were installed. However, as the photos show they now have white marks all over them and look ruined.

The builder claims it's efflorescence, but we think they have damaged them somehow with an acidic product, or done something else to damage them.

Here are the facts as we know them:

BEFORE:

This is as the pavers were installed, prior to grouting and any treatments the builders did to it.

AFTER:

Hi mjcmjc,

Can you post the pictures again, they are not showing up.
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum