Sep 21, 2021 12:04 am
Hi There. Looking for advice on two different shower repairs.
- Various gaps in grout and spots where grout is brittle
- Some grout lines very thin (<1mm)
- Drain is butted up against tile in one spot with little to no gap for grout or silicone
- Water leaks out from gap in silicone below shower bed
- I scraped out the grout along one line with a piece of hacksaw blade (the only thing thin enough to fit in there) however old grout was still wet after 2+ weeks drying time
- Still some moisture in gap between tiles after 6+ weeks without using shower
- No signs of water damage to ceiling directly below bathroom
Here's what I'm curious about:
- Are the thin grout lines problematic? Looks like it would be hard to push fresh grout in to such a thin gap
- Moisture between the tiles after 6+ weeks... Is there water pooling below the tiles and is this normal for a shower with gaps in the grout?
- Is it a problem that the drain is butted up directly against the tiles?
- What can be done to fix it? Is it safe to just re-grout the base and re-silicone around the bottom edge of the shower bed?
- Poor installation job
- Door opening isn't wide enough and glass scrapes on both sides (framing above & below door cut too short perhaps?)
- Frame doesn't sit flush with edges of basin
- Can it be fixed?
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
StructuralBIMGuySite cut - advice neededSite cut - advice needed
Hey smzoc2 Welcome There are no short cuts on site cuts, the question becomes whether that small cut is a (price) gouge to the wallet when you build. In order to avoid…
Megs and MattDecor advice needed....master bedroomDecor advice needed....master bedroom
Hello All We recently finished a build and are settling into the house. At the moment, we're running with a colour palette of black, white and grey with…
lplauAdvice needed - First home build in canberraAdvice needed - First home build in canberra
hi all Would like to get some advice. We at the early stages of building our first home (duplex) in the ACT. We are quite happy with the Rawson Medina duplex design (
DavosPowder room - layout advice neededPowder room - layout advice needed
We haven’t built yet, but we renovated a few years ago and had an open ensuite with toilet. We built the toilet in and put in a sliding door and while privacy isn’t as…