Sep 21, 2021 1:04 am
Hi There. Looking for advice on two different shower repairs.
- Various gaps in grout and spots where grout is brittle
- Some grout lines very thin (<1mm)
- Drain is butted up against tile in one spot with little to no gap for grout or silicone
- Water leaks out from gap in silicone below shower bed
- I scraped out the grout along one line with a piece of hacksaw blade (the only thing thin enough to fit in there) however old grout was still wet after 2+ weeks drying time
- Still some moisture in gap between tiles after 6+ weeks without using shower
- No signs of water damage to ceiling directly below bathroom
Here's what I'm curious about:
- Are the thin grout lines problematic? Looks like it would be hard to push fresh grout in to such a thin gap
- Moisture between the tiles after 6+ weeks... Is there water pooling below the tiles and is this normal for a shower with gaps in the grout?
- Is it a problem that the drain is butted up directly against the tiles?
- What can be done to fix it? Is it safe to just re-grout the base and re-silicone around the bottom edge of the shower bed?
- Poor installation job
- Door opening isn't wide enough and glass scrapes on both sides (framing above & below door cut too short perhaps?)
- Frame doesn't sit flush with edges of basin
- Can it be fixed?
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
StructuralBIMGuySite cut - advice neededSite cut - advice needed
Hey smzoc2 Welcome There are no short cuts on site cuts, the question becomes whether that small cut is a (price) gouge to the wallet when you build. In order to avoid…
dannyboy92Floor Plan Reconfiguration- Advice NeededFloor Plan Reconfiguration- Advice Needed
While it is a large block it looks like the back part has already been extended. I don't know if there is much scope for further extension without losing the backyard. The…
DavosPowder room - layout advice neededPowder room - layout advice needed
We haven’t built yet, but we renovated a few years ago and had an open ensuite with toilet. We built the toilet in and put in a sliding door and while privacy isn’t as…