Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Where to place the return air

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys.
We are currently doing a renovation and I am trying to work out the bets place to put the return air.
I've done alot of reading on the internet and there doesn't seem to be any general consensus as to whether it should go in the ceiling or ground level.

I've got 3 options:
- At ground level at the back of the house near the back bedrooms (preferred option, but I'm unsure if this is not central enough
- In the ceiling near the front door (second preferred, but once again, not sure if it is not central enough)
- At ground level in the middle of the house near the kitchen (least preferred as it is very visible, however it seems to be the most effective position)

Can anyone help provide some guidance here?

I prefer the ceiling where possible as it will not suck up dirt, hair etc from the floor. Ideally to keep it nice & central i would place it in the front hall closer to the living.

Where you have it pictured at the front door wouldn't allow for much room above for the flexible ducts to be connected.

If you have any follow up questions i would be happy to help
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum