Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Split System Air Con in Hebel Double-Storey

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

If we build a Hebel double-storey and installing split system air-con (3 or 4 units) post handover, is there any issue trying to install outdoor units since Hebel cannot withstand any heavy attachments at all? Is it a fairly easy thing to do and cost-effective ? I can't bear to pay 18K for refrigerated cooling. Thanks
Hi,

It all depends on where you are locating the outdoor units. Do they need to be wall mounted or could you sit them on the ground on feet? If you know the locations where you would like to locate the outdoor units, you could do what they do in the States and noggin out where the outdoor units will be located and screw through the hebel block into noggins and studs. This is provided you have access to the house frame before it's sheeted up.

I've done similar at my home where the outdoor units are wall hung on the first floor wall which is rendered EPS panels.

hth
Yoshi and Peach
Hi All,

If we build a Hebel double-storey and installing split system air-con (3 or 4 units) post handover, is there any issue trying to install outdoor units since Hebel cannot withstand any heavy attachments at all? Is it a fairly easy thing to do and cost-effective ? I can't bear to pay 18K for refrigerated cooling. Thanks

Hi, I am currently in the same situation and I’m wondering if you found an answer as whether we can install the units post handover? Thanks.
Did anyone install Split aircon or any other aircon install on Hebel?
jmasood
Did anyone install Split aircon or any other aircon install on Hebel?

Hebel is difficult because it is so soft. Any movement including vibrations slowly allow the plug to move.

If you look at the Hebel technical documentation they have a range of recommended heavy duty fixings. Whatever type of fixings is used I'd keep an eye on them to make sure that there is no movement over time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... xv5W9qvaO-

Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum