Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Adding a second Brivis Networker

Page 1 of 1
Gday all,

I have a Brivis central heating unit in a new house with the Networker (V3) installed to the heater downstairs.

I would like to add an additional Networker upstairs and wonder would anyone shed some light on what is involved to set up the controller. I already had a 2 wire power cable running between both the heater and current Networker and the planned location of the new Networker. (Planned ahead at frame stage- just in case!)

From the Brivis website I read that 2 controllers can be installed from the one heater running as master/ slave but gives no indication to what is involved in the setup procedure. From looking at the current networker it runs from a two wire setup from the control module on the heater unit itself but doesn't seem to have a terminal for a second controller?

Im wondering whether aside from an additonal Networker (which I have) would any other parts be required and if so an estimate for cost of installation?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hi Raff,

You want two networkers for the convenience of adjusting the one temperature in your house? Or two Networkers with the intention of running two zones with two different temps?

I cannot help you with the wiring (sorry), but I'd be very interested in getting the how-to documents if you come across them.

The reason is ...

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=9406

Good luck!

HC
heat_crime
Hi Raff,

You want two networkers for the convenience of adjusting the one temperature in your house? Or two Networkers with the intention of running two zones with two different temps?

I cannot help you with the wiring (sorry), but I'd be very interested in getting the how-to documents if you come across them.

The reason is ...

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=9406

Good luck!

HC

Gday,

Im simply wanting to add an additonal controller to the one zone to adjust the one temp.

From the reading I have done you can adjust temperatures in each zone on the Networker system in Manual and Auto mode.

From the Brivis Networker Manual" (very poorly worded
)

"On Networker (version 3) the zone's symbols have been redesigned to effectively show the dual Networker zoning operation. The way to understand these symbols is explained below.

An arrow next to a zone means that the zone has been selected for use by the customer or as part of the auto program.

If there is no arrow present, the zone has been deselected either manually by the customer, or by the auto program in the Networker.

If the arrow is solid, this means the zone is currently open and receiving airflow from the unit.

In heating mode, if the arrow is flashing, this means that the room temperature registered on the Networker assigned to this zone, is at or above the set temperature.

C & D will appear next to Key 5 if you have three or four zones. A & B will appear next to Key 4 if you have two or one zones."

The key words above are that a arrow is next to each registered zone which requires heating. A solid arrow indicated air is flowing and a flashing arrow indicates temp has been reached 'to that zone'.

As long has you have the appropriate zoning module, dampers, thermostats and programming- 2 temps in two zones from either a single or dual (master/slave) networker is definately possibly from my reading. It may be possibly to run one networker for each zone but why would you, master/slave will let you select each zone and temp on either control. The slave wont let you change pins and set the clock. No biggie.

Cheers Raff
Raff,

Much thanks.

HC
raff
[As long has you have the appropriate zoning module, dampers, thermostats and programming- 2 temps in two zones from either a single or dual (master/slave) networker is definately possibly from my reading. It may be possibly to run one networker for each zone but why would you, master/slave will let you select each zone and temp on either control. The slave wont let you change pins and set the clock. No biggie.

Cheers Raff

as we have discussed I don't think it is possible as there is only 1 "Set" zone. What you can control is what zone is operating, but they will only heat/cool to the 1 set temperature.

To achieve differant temps I think you would need a master/master setup connected to the same heater. 2 master controllers would run independantly and each would controll a specific zone - I would be asking Brivis if thats possible
raff
Gday all,

I have a Brivis central heating unit in a new house with the Networker (V3) installed to the heater downstairs.

I would like to add an additional Networker upstairs and wonder would anyone shed some light on what is involved to set up the controller. I already had a 2 wire power cable running between both the heater and current Networker and the planned location of the new Networker. (Planned ahead at frame stage- just in case!)

From the Brivis website I read that 2 controllers can be installed from the one heater running as master/ slave but gives no indication to what is involved in the setup procedure. From looking at the current networker it runs from a two wire setup from the control module on the heater unit itself but doesn't seem to have a terminal for a second controller?

Im wondering whether aside from an additonal Networker (which I have) would any other parts be required and if so an estimate for cost of installation?

Cheers

The only setup that is require is setting the 2nd networker to be number 2 (slave) - I thik by default they are all set to 1 which is the master. Ring up Brivis and they should be able to talk you through it.

I don't have the instructions on me at the moment but can post back this evening - just post a reply and let me know
mikemix
raff
[As long has you have the appropriate zoning module, dampers, thermostats and programming- 2 temps in two zones from either a single or dual (master/slave) networker is definately possibly from my reading. It may be possibly to run one networker for each zone but why would you, master/slave will let you select each zone and temp on either control. The slave wont let you change pins and set the clock. No biggie.

Cheers Raff

as we have discussed I don't think it is possible as there is only 1 "Set" zone. What you can control is what zone is operating, but they will only heat/cool to the 1 set temperature.

To achieve differant temps I think you would need a master/master setup connected to the same heater. 2 master controllers would run independantly and each would controll a specific zone - I would be asking Brivis if thats possible

From some notes I have on installation parameters, 2 master networkers can not be connected otherwise the system 'will not operate properly' the notes say.

Definately only a master/ slave setup will work and from the more reading I have done I agree with the one heat setting accross all zones (sorry heatcrime!)
mikemix
raff
Gday all,

Cheers

The only setup that is require is setting the 2nd networker to be number 2 (slave) - I thik by default they are all set to 1 which is the master. Ring up Brivis and they should be able to talk you through it.

I don't have the instructions on me at the moment but can post back this evening - just post a reply and let me know

Thanks for the info, I have 'found' some installer notes on the dual installation and it requires connecting the networkers in parallel and then setting one to slave- nothing too complex.

Thank for the help guys!
Does anybody have some notes on how to wire this and how to set one of the networkers to Slave?

HC
Sorry to steal the thread. But how much is it to add a Networker Controller?
Sorry, I got my extra Networker with the install, so I don't know.

HC
The second networkwer is normally the slave is useful when you have 2 zones .When heating second zone only ie Bedrooms second controller is usally in the master room so it can turn unit off when at rerquire temp.With a single controller in the middle of house it takes a lot longer for temp to travel from rooms to main area resulting in bedrooms running up to 5-6 degrees hotter than set point.
Speak to Brivis they should sent out paper work to wire
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum