Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Eave Vents

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Going to put in a solar roof vent and had was wondering whether under eave vents were really required.

I get the whole airflow thing but can I do without them? If the vent is set to maintain a roof temp of 20 degrees it will stop itself.

Also eave vents allow intake of cold air during winter which wouldn’t be a good thing as you’d want to keep your house warm.

Thoughts?
Keen to know more about what solar roof vent u are looking at ? I am quite keen on putting one too.

Eve vent are generally recommended as they help in maintaining airflow within roof.

bear in mind there are regulations covering eave vents
they cannot be located above a window
if there is a fire the glass will break and the fire will go straight into the roof
Our builder installed our eave vents directly above windows
I put in a Solar Ark sav-30. Was pretty pricey but they don’t have many installers around Sydney and the one that services my area lives quiet far so I’m guessing that’s part of the high installation cost.

It’s fully silent, can’t hear a thing. Does it work? Some days you can notice the difference upstairs but some days you can’t as heat still gets in via windows and other means. This is just the first step and hopefully I’ll be doing double glazing on my windows to help keep the heat out.
Also, the solar ark installed did eave vents pretty cheap so I got a bunch of them installed too.
Related
15/12/2023
What to attach eave brackets to?

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Cheers mate! This is exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure if it was something I'd find on the shelf. I agree with you, fixing the brackets to the board will look…

25/03/2024
Metricon stylish aircon vents

Building A New House

retail its around double the price of a similar sized actron/dakin system from memory, They are excellent systems though. But with how builder gouge on AC/heating, you…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum