Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

ACTRON AIR, ULTRA AIR and WISDOM HOMES

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I paid $11,310 for ACTRON 8-zone SRV17E/SRD173C ESP PLUS duct-ed air conditioning. I took possession of the new house in December 2016 from Wisdom Homes.

One of the two controllers keeps resetting itself from day one. Two zones upstairs and two zones downstairs do not regulate temperature. I have been trying to get Wisdom Homes and the installer Ultra Air to fix the problems but they have been dragging their feet for more than a year now.

Three weeks ago I managed to get Actron AIr to fix the controller. Their service guys reported to me a number of problems with the installation, including controllers at the wrong height, temperature sensors in the wrong place (hence no regulation), outlets are in the wrong place, and one outlet having no air flow..

I asked Actron Air for the service report, but the service manager refuses to give it to me. He said he has provided it to Ultra Air. Ultra AIr on the other hand apparently told Wisdom Homes that there is nothing wrong with the installation that needs to be fixed.

The controller packed up again and I booked for service through Actron Air website, to report the controller and temperature regulation issues. The said they have referred the service to Ultra Air as it is an installation problem, and provided Ultra Air a brand new controller to replace. Its been a week and neither Wisdom Homes nor Ultra Air are responding to the service call..

I am wondering if anyone here has experience with Actron Air, Ultra Air, and/or Wisdom Homes that they like to share. I ran out of patience and served Wisdom Homes a formal notice of dispute in accordance with the home building contract. Wisdom Homes refuses to acknowledge the notice even. I am running out of options.

Suggestions anyone?

Kind regards

Jaya
Seek legal advice. I hope you've been documenting all communications and creating a timeline of events. Make sure all your communication is in writing.

From the sounds of it you may need to serve the parties and have it dealt with in your NSW equivalent of VCAT.

Bottom line is if it's not fit for purpose then you haven't really received what you paid for.
There is something strange about the responses I am getting or not getting the builder, Actron Air and Ultra Air.

Ultra Air identified one the outlets has air flow of less than 80 units (whatever is the unit of measure) compared to more than 240 units for each of the other outlets in the house. They need to break into the wall to inspect identify where the obstruction is before it can be rectified.

When Ultra Air technicians came to fix the control panel downstairs, they went in to the roof space apparently to measure control voltages to the control panel. I heard a loud bang. I found out later that they tried to screw the mains cable to the cabinet and in the process shorted live to earth.

Now the upstairs controller display is playing up.

It looks like some of the display segments are not working. I cannot use it to program the timers at all.

To me this was a hardware error. I registered a service call with Actron Air. They refuse to attend and ask me to take it up Wisdom Homes and/or Ultra Air.

Ultra Air on the other hand will not even given me Actron Air's service report when they last attended and identified installation defects.

Wisdom Homes is still dragging its feet.

Any advise would be most appreciated. Before I take it up with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, I need to have it assessed by NSW Office of Fair Trading. This sounds like an awfully long process just to get service!

Kind regards,

Jaya
jayasooriah
There is something strange about the responses I am getting or not getting the builder, Actron Air and Ultra Air.

Ultra Air identified one the outlets has air flow of less than 80 units (whatever is the unit of measure) compared to more than 240 units for each of the other outlets in the house. They need to break into the wall to inspect identify where the obstruction is before it can be rectified.

When Ultra Air technicians came to fix the control panel downstairs, they went in to the roof space apparently to measure control voltages to the control panel. I heard a loud bang. I found out later that they tried to screw the mains cable to the cabinet and in the process shorted live to earth.

Now the upstairs controller display is playing up.

It looks like some of the display segments are not working. I cannot use it to program the timers at all.

To me this was a hardware error. I registered a service call with Actron Air. They refuse to attend and ask me to take it up Wisdom Homes and/or Ultra Air.

Ultra Air on the other hand will not even given me Actron Air's service report when they last attended and identified installation defects.

Wisdom Homes is still dragging its feet.

Any advise would be most appreciated. Before I take it up with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, I need to have it assessed by NSW Office of Fair Trading. This sounds like an awfully long process just to get service!

Kind regards,

Jaya

Hi Jaya,

Please PM me your contact details and I will review your concerns next week.

Regards,

Mark Scully
General Manager
Wisdom Homes
WisdomHomes
Hi Jaya,

Regards,

Mark Scully
General Manager
Wisdom Homes

Hi Mark,

I sent you the information you request by PM on 1st May 2018. I have not heard from you. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Jaya
jayasooriah
WisdomHomes
Hi Jaya,

Regards,

Mark Scully
General Manager
Wisdom Homes

Hi Mark,

I sent you the information you request by PM on 1st May 2018. I have not heard from you. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Jaya

Hi Jaya,

Our Maintenance team are in contact with you to work through this. I have seen the email correspondence. Please feel free to PM me again if required.

Regards,

Mark
WisdomHomes
Hi Jaya,

Our Maintenance team are in contact with you to work through this. I have seen the email correspondence. Please feel free to PM me again if required.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have had nil correspondence from your maintenance team on this issue since I put it up on this forum. If you have have any, please forward them to me please. You have my email address.

Kind regards,

Jaya
Hi Jaya,

Wondering what happened in the end with your issue.. has it been resolved?
Hi Athena,

Its has been uphill battle holding the builder to task. This builder seems spares no effort in making it difficult.

I may have to file renewal of proceedings to recover the costs of getting the air conditioner and other defects, including having to replace a stormwater pit that council says does not comply.

Kind regards,

Jaya

PS: Go to https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/ and enter my name in the search box if you want to read the long story!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum