Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Do I need ceiling/wall vents?

Page 1 of 1
Hello
When I was building a house, I have asked the builder to provision for a cavity for a gas fireplace. Do not know if because of that, but builder created 2 ceiling vents (one over the fireplace cavity, one on the bottom of the wall near it and one in laundry) I installed a gas wood log fireplace that is flued to the outside and vendor said that there was no specific requirement for ventilation.
So my questions are:
1. Would it be OK to close wall and ceiling vents and put insulation over/behind them?
2. Does it create much impact on heat gain/loss in summer/winter having them as they are?
3. Would it impact house ventilation? I don't need a vent in the laundry as I don't have a dryer and electric exhaust can be placed if required later

Thank you
Related
25/03/2024
Metricon stylish aircon vents

Building A New House

retail its around double the price of a similar sized actron/dakin system from memory, They are excellent systems though. But with how builder gouge on AC/heating, you…

2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum