Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Ducted refrigerated after handover for double storey

Page 1 of 1
We are building a 49sq house that is double storey. We are looking at options as it is an expensive item to add on.

If the builder does large enough ducts, is it worth doing the actual unit and zones post handover?

We have been quoted 22.5k to install an Actron air esp plus 19kw system with up to 8 zones. 16 outlets. 19kw seems insufficient since I have seen that recommended for smaller houses?? Apparently it is only single phase too.

I haven't yet had a chance to find out how much the builder would charge for the duct work and how much an installer would charge for the rest.

Would appreciate any advice. Tyia

Have a 17 kW actron add on cooling, house is 48 square, none in garage, got thermally broken double glazed windows, with excellent insulation, 4 zones, and never ever need to run all zones, run mostly 3, and cools house superbly, had a fantastic installer, which counts just as much as unit. 19 kW sounds fine.

Joker
Have a 17 kW actron add on cooling, house is 48 square, none in garage, got thermally broken double glazed windows, with excellent insulation, 4 zones, and never ever need to run all zones, run mostly 3, and cools house superbly, had a fantastic installer, which counts just as much as unit. 19 kW sounds fine.

Thanks Joker does that mean you also got the aircon put in after the build was finished?

Done it during the build, bit have also previously done another house after the build, had to make sure, ducts were in early and big enough, as air con ducts are bigger than the heating ducts.

Joker
Done it during the build, bit have also previously done another house after the build, had to make sure, ducts were in early and big enough, as air con ducts are bigger than the heating ducts.

Do you remember how much you paid for the 19kw ?

I am getting them to quote me on upgrading the heating to sp5 so the ducts are bigger. Also 4 zones. They said I can then just add on cooling after.

We are building a 46sq double storey. We have a quote for Brivis SP6 heating and Actron 19kw add on cooling (3 phase) for $19k. This includes 18 outlets, 4 multi controlled zones. The installer is installing the duct work during construction and then the heating and cooling post construction.
becmm
We are building a 46sq double storey. We have a quote for Brivis SP6 heating and Actron 19kw add on cooling (3 phase) for $19k. This includes 18 outlets, 4 multi controlled zones. The installer is installing the duct work during construction and then the heating and cooling post construction.
Who are you building with?

geminithinker
becmm

Who are you building with?

Building with Porter Davis.
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum