Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

New build on coastal SE QLD

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can chime in on our new build. We are going to build on a block within meters from the beach in SE QLD. Our Brisbane based architect doesn't think we need a well insulated house in our sub-tropical climate, with priority given to cross ventilation.

But my question is why can't I have both? Can't a well sealed, well insulated house be also well ventilated? The dilemma is obviously we want to maximize window / door openings to take advantage of views and the outdoors, but that sort of defeats the purpose of a well insulated construction.

So, my question is does it make sense to spend extra on constructing a well insulated house when all that advantage is lost through windows and doors?

Kevin

PS. Block is 50m (north/south) x 20m (east - beach/west - inland)
Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum