Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Fans: Haiku or Aeratron?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Has anyone gone down the path of selecting either of these brands of fans for a home.

Keen to hear your thoughts and experience if you ended up with either of the brands.

Thanks in advance.
We were considering the Haiku and probably would have bought them but at the time we were ready to buy they were running down existing stock for the new model and couldn't get exactly what we wanted. We ended up with the Minka Aire Aviation from Beacon and are very pleased with them. Beacon had a good sale at the time and the fans ended up about $300 per fan cheaper than the Haiku we wanted (timber look), even after the discount offered on the Haiku and not including the Haiku's $100 delivery charge. They are quiet and move a lot of air, and many visitors have admired them. I prefer the look of the Minka Aire and can highly recommend them. One didn't work after installation so Beacon sent someone out to look at it and he replaced the fan. Happy with the service.
AvaG
We were considering the Haiku and probably would have bought them but at the time we were ready to buy they were running down existing stock for the new model and couldn't get exactly what we wanted. We ended up with the Minka Aire Aviation from Beacon and are very pleased with them. Beacon had a good sale at the time and the fans ended up about $300 per fan cheaper than the Haiku we wanted (timber look), even after the discount offered on the Haiku and not including the Haiku's $100 delivery charge. They are quiet and move a lot of air, and many visitors have admired them. I prefer the look of the Minka Aire and can highly recommend them. One didn't work after installation so Beacon sent someone out to look at it and he replaced the fan. Happy with the service.

Thanks for your reply,

They look interesting and I hadn't heard of them before.

I admit I was surprised at the price when I just looked them up.

The thing that I like about the haiku is:

Nest compatible
Quiet
Breeze mode
Moves lots of air.

I'm thinking of 1 in each of the upstairs and downstairs living areas.

We ended up with a mix of DC and AC fans. Both DC models are quite, move lots of air on the highest speed setting, and have a very slow speed on the lowest. I wish we'd just forked out the money for DC fans in the bedrooms too! Without doing a head to head comparison with the Haiku, I'd guess that most DC fans would suit. I saw the Haiku at the home show last year, and there are some at an RSL I've been to. I didn't find them vastly better than the fans we ended up with, but time will tell! it may come down to longevity. Good luck deciding!
I should say most DC fans would suit except for the nest feature!
We have a 1300mm Haiku in our main bedroom in bamboo/black. It's fabulous. The quietest and most effective fan I have ever encountered. But it comes at a cost - about $1000 each.
1960sModernistHome
We have a 1300mm Haiku in our main bedroom in bamboo/black. It's fabulous. The quietest and most effective fan I have ever encountered. But it comes at a cost - about $1000 each.

How’s the Haiku holding up?

Do you have the sensor version?
GLO
1960sModernistHome

How’s the Haiku holding up?

Do you have the sensor version?

I have installed aerotrons in bedrooms 50” and just installed a Haiku 60” in loungeroom

Both are very good and very quiet. I prefer the remote of the aerotrons as it’s tells you what speed you are currently on as it has an lcd panel. The haiku just has buttons like a tv remote although you can download and use the app which reflects speed setting.

I haven’t used the room sense function yet as I only installed the haiku yesterday
Without any proper measuring it seems to me that the aerotrons push a little more air but again that could be because of room size or maybe they spin faster on their lowest setting

So in summary if you want a basic fan with remote and no wireless hookup for home control etc then aerotrons are great, if you require HC then haiku is probably best bet. They both perform excellently though
How is the medium term feedback (and now that it’s winter)!
Both brands have performed well.

Ive since installed two more Aeratrons (upstairs lounge and home theatre) as rooms are not super large

Aeratrons were changing models so not sure the ones I have are still available AE350

Haiku is now linked to google home so can be voice activated (nice but not necessary)
how quiet are these?

And have you tried the Breeze mode on the Haiku?
Related
You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum