Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Josh's house/ CSR house

Page 1 of 1
Anyone visited CSR house in Schofields NSW? Is it worth checking out for its energy saving ideas? I'm wondering if it's limited by the fact that they probably only used CSR products.

I have been a couple of times. I have taken small groups to have a look on Sustainable House Day (Sept). Feedback is always positive.

I think CSR House if a great starting point. The house if continually monitored for how all the 'components' are working. Just bear in mind that the house is not 'lived in' day to day. It will definitely get you thinking about what you can do, where the best 'bang for your buck' will be and start looking around for similar products.

I believe an appointment is required to visit. I know that September is a while off but if you aren't looking to build/ renovate for a while Sustainable House Day is great. You have the opportunity to visit homes with sustainable features and speak to the home owners and in some cases the architects/ designers. It is Australia wide. We found it very helpful prior to undertaking our reno/ addition- https://sustainablehouseday.com
Related
2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

19/05/2023
Excessive piers for a house???

Building A New House

How good is Simeon?! Always taking time to help others out! Wish we were building in NSW and could work together. Thanks for all that you do!

30/06/2023
Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

General Discussion

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum