Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Roof - insulated panels noise

Page 1 of 1
Considering going roof insulated panels for a new build such as ritek, trideck etc... We are having trouble finding info on noise properties of the systems.

Firstly, external noise, such as from rain and hail. I would expect it will be quieter than colorbond only, but noisier than with anticol blanket. It's that right?

Secondly, internal noise. Does the metal ceiling surface reflect more noise than standard plaster ceilings? Does a flat vs ribbed finished make much difference (theoretically ribbed should be quieter but it's it noticeable)?

Thanks
Related
26/01/2024
Precast Insulated Walls vs ICF

Building A New House

Good questions but the best answer will be obtained by visiting (ie: interviewing) a couple of house designers and/or builders and ask them. You may find it challenging to…

23/03/2024
Strange noise in the walls

General Discussion

Nope, only on the inside, I've literally has my ears to the brick outside and can't hear anything. I can sort of 'reset' the noise by pressing firmly on the studs. This…

29/02/2024
Home Noise Reduction/Soundproofing

Renovation + Home Improvement

Upgrading your windows to soundproof ones, like triple-glazed, can make a significant difference. While changing window…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum