Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Can anyone help with this?? Any gas plumbers out there?

Page 1 of 1
Hopefully someone can help ... could be a simple thing, but hey, what do I know about this!!

This is the internal gas point for our gas heater.
See this T-shape part on this bayonet installation, I mean the part which is screwed into the wall plate (or whatever that is!) and into which the hose connects into? The opening of that thingy (what is it called anyway??!!) currently faces the power point (as per the picture). We want to turn the opening around, so it faces the other direction, ie. away from the power point.

Is this a DIY job, or do we have to call the gas plumber for this??? Is there any safety concern once we unscrew that thing from the wall plate? Not sure what to expect ...
Lex, You will need a gasfitter to do it, because he most likely just has to grab that elbow by hand and turn it clockwise!! If you are talking with the plumber that fitting is known as a gas bayonet.
Oh geez
... now I am not sure if you are teasing me or do I really need a trader

Tell me clearly like to a 5 year old hahahah

And preferrably, step by step please

I can guess steps 1 and 2 ...
1) unplug the hose
2) unscrew those 2 little screws.
But then what!??!? Call the gas plumber?! I am serious!!
Oh well ... seems like this is one of those hard basket problems that nobody is really sure about ... just like me!! It looks simple enough, but is it really ...
Lex, only a plumber can grab this thing and simply turn it clockwise. A plumber will also know that there are no little screws involved.
Umhhhh, what do you mean? I can definitely see 2 screws ... one is even visible in the photo. This thing cannot be rotated without unscrewing it ... me thinks

We probably would have tried it ourselves already but are unsure what is behind and if there are any safety issues, and if we should turn the gas off first ...
Easydone 2 min job but get a plumber
Fitzy
Thanks (: So no escape from calling in the experts - again! even for something as small as this (: Looks like the gas for the house has to be turned off as well for safety reasons .. and something other than just "unscrew - turn around - screw back on" has to be done.
pay gas fitter or risk killing your whole family to diy?

call a gas fitter he will also do leak test to make sure its safe
You guys are all right, thanks for your advice ...
Related
20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

6/09/2023
building a deck and gas hot water

General Discussion

I want to build a decking to the drawn shape outlined in black. The problem is how close can I build to the gas hot water unit? Will I be able to build around it and be…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum