Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Gas ducted heating

Page 1 of 1
Braemars 5 stars gas ducted heaters are classified as non-condensing (eg THM520), whilst their latest 6 star range (eg THM623) are larger, so I assume they have a condenser and need to drain the moister out.
As 3 out of 4 quotes want to put the heater under the floor, the drainage is a consideration ( not the size as units pull apart)
Any had recent experience with the 6 star unit under the floor?
We put lots of them in, almost all under the floor. We only use the 5 star models where drainage could be an issue which isn't that often. The other thing you can do is install a condensate pump.
Thanks Iceman for the reply.
I'm slowly understanding why there are two different ranges in the 5 star range. There is the older ones which are larger due to the condensing cabinet (1/3 of the overall length). All of these units are 5.6 star efficiency. These are all condensing and have to have the water piped out.

The headline new braemar (THM520) non-condensing burners are 1/3 smaller due to no condenser. They are 5.2 stars compared to 5.6 stars for condensing.

The new 6 star machines are all larger , due to the condenser cabinet and require a drain pipe.
I was told by an installer that the 6 star ones have two much technology and are expensive to maintain. Any thoughts or opinions on choosing either 5.6 star or newer 6. Star, both condensing ?
ppmurray
...I was told by an installer that the 6 star ones have two much technology and are expensive to maintain...

How would he know when they've only been out less than 3 months...? Far more likely that he's got stock of the THM5 series and not the THM6 series which is on back order at the moment...

We've only had a problem with one of them and that was sorted with a new controller... and compared to air conditioners these are very simple indeed...

I'd go for the most efficient you can afford; and bearing in mind there's probably no more than $200 between them it looks like the 6 star gets it...
Hello, I just have a question about ducted heating installed in the roof.... Does it need to be suspended from the roof trusses or can it rest on the plaster?
bean
Hello, I just have a question about ducted heating installed in the roof.... Does it need to be suspended from the roof trusses or can it rest on the plaster?

Whereabouts are you...? Here in Sydney you'll need it to be placed on a platform and have a light installed. Without these service engineers will refuse to go near it.

Your installers should be telling you this...
I am in Vic. We are building a house and the builders installed it. But no one can tell me how it should be installed?
bean
I am in Vic. We are building a house and the builders installed it. But no one can tell me how it should be installed?

Call the manufacturer and ask for an installation manual... that'll tell you all you want...
Related
11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum