Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Brivis Controller problems

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have a Brivis NC3 controller/thermostat. Is there any way that the room temperature can be reset. It is always reading about 10-15 degrees above what it should be. I have tried turning the system off outside and inside by pulling the controller off for a short time, with mixed success. It seems to work for a while with the correct temperature, but goes up again when the system is turned off. Any help would be appreciated.
sounds faulty. Just get another. It should be covered by warranty if the house is young. Otherwise look on eBay they go for around 80-100 dollars. They normally cost around 300.
Hi, 10 to 15 deg?????...that is faulty......my thermo on the Brivis Buffalo reads 1 degree lower than an independent thermometer on the wall, so we have to set the thermostat to 23 deg C when we want 22 deg C all round.

I wonder if there is a way to recalibrate the controller?
Ian
bounderee
Hi, 10 to 15 deg?????...that is faulty......my thermo on the Brivis Buffalo reads 1 degree lower than an independent thermometer on the wall, so we have to set the thermostat to 23 deg C when we want 22 deg C all round.

I wonder if there is a way to recalibrate the controller?
Ian

How do you know the Brivis unit is the incorrect one?
Hi, the Vulcan Powerhouse heater we used to have failed about 2007, and had to be replaced, and the recomended one was the Brivis Buffalo, installed by Chalcot Plumbing of Endeavour Hills.

We already had a Brivis evap cooler installed about 2005, so the controller for the new Buffalo heater was the one recomended to work with both heater and evap cooler.

The problem I mentioned is that the indicated temperature of the room on the controller is 23 deg C, but the room temp is 22 deg C as shown by 3 thermometers that I tried, so when the control display gets to 22 it's actually 21 in the house.

I realise there is an overlap to allow for a top and bottom limit to go on and off......but it doesn't get to the 23 we want, although it says it is, it ain't.....there must be a way to reset the actual sensor to display.

The sensor just measures the temperature and the display is a visual output based upon the value it is set to display, and I would think there is a way to reset the display to indicate either a higher or lower reading.

If you ignore the indicated room temperature on the controler and go by an independent thermometer you need a setting of 23 on the dial when you want 22 in the house, in other words the controler is out by 1 degree.

We were lucky with the heater, 2 weeks before the warranty expired last June, the heater stopped working, just wouldn't fire up.....it was June and the weather was 4 deg C overnight and 10 deg C in the day.....for 2 weeks ....no heater.

The LED blinked a code, I think error #7, which said "gas valve failure lock out".
The tech guy came and replaced the circuit board in the heater.
Ian.
Hi, as the weather is warming up I'll be cranking my Brivis evap cooler up.

Some months ago we had the recall mod done as Brivis advised, and now I have another problem.

When you turn the dial up to increase the fan flow it slows down, and when you turn it down it goes faster......can anybody suggest what is causing the problem?
Ian.
bounderee
Hi, the Vulcan Powerhouse heater we used to have failed about 2007, and had to be replaced, and the recomended one was the Brivis Buffalo, installed by Chalcot Plumbing of Endeavour Hills.

We already had a Brivis evap cooler installed about 2005, so the controller for the new Buffalo heater was the one recomended to work with both heater and evap cooler.

The problem I mentioned is that the indicated temperature of the room on the controller is 23 deg C, but the room temp is 22 deg C as shown by 3 thermometers that I tried, so when the control display gets to 22 it's actually 21 in the house.

I realise there is an overlap to allow for a top and bottom limit to go on and off......but it doesn't get to the 23 we want, although it says it is, it ain't.....there must be a way to reset the actual sensor to display.

The sensor just measures the temperature and the display is a visual output based upon the value it is set to display, and I would think there is a way to reset the display to indicate either a higher or lower reading.

If you ignore the indicated room temperature on the controler and go by an independent thermometer you need a setting of 23 on the dial when you want 22 in the house, in other words the controler is out by 1 degree.

We were lucky with the heater, 2 weeks before the warranty expired last June, the heater stopped working, just wouldn't fire up.....it was June and the weather was 4 deg C overnight and 10 deg C in the day.....for 2 weeks ....no heater.

The LED blinked a code, I think error #7, which said "gas valve failure lock out".
The tech guy came and replaced the circuit board in the heater.
Ian.

Don't really see an issue with a controller being 1 degree out, the difference would well be within design tolerance so not faulty and certainly no way to 'reset' it. But 10 as the O/P had is most certainly a fault.
Hi, OK I can live with the temp indicator readout differences, but the evap cooler problem where the fan speeds up when you turn it down and down when you turn it up is still there........any ideas as to what this entails to fixit?
Ian.
Hi all, the answer to the problem....all the problems including the fan speeding up was solved when the unit failed completely Jan 2014, middle of the hottest day on record........the technician fitted a new fan motor and a new circuit board......about $600 worth of work.
Ian.
Related
16/12/2023
Brick Problems - Acid Burn?

Building A New House

I am not a brick expert, but rendering would be 1 option, it would be costly to do the entire house though....

24/02/2024
Weed problems

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, has anyone been ask to do the weeds in their property while in the middle of build? We are under the impression that they are in control of the site while they…

16/04/2024
Bathroom floor problems

Bathrooms and Laundry

Have had a few issues with out recently done bathroom floor. Probably around 18 months old First there has been been a crack running through a grout line which I put…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum