Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Actron - ESP/ESP Plus - Run/Upfront Cost

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Just going through quoting process for Actron ducted system for a 30sq 2-storey house. We're looking at 4 zones spread over 10 outlets .. about 110sqm of area to be cooled at any given time (not the whole house)..

With different providers .. we're getting different advice .. i'll try to write a few words down here for you guys to comment on ..

- Because our house is not overly large, we can't divide it into any more than 4 zones for the AC to work efficiently..
- This actually means quarter of a house atleast be running with 1 constant zone
- Does not justify the upgrade to ESP Plus from an ESP system as the variable fan does not save enough energy
- For our house design atleast, we need to be running enough outlets for the temperature sensor to register the correct temp to ramp down when needed
- If with ESP Plus i try to run just 1 room or 2 .. the temperature won't register correctly and the unit will still keep on running at full capacity .. so in essence i can't run 1 room (as ESP Plus states) efficiently ..

So to upgrade to ESP Plus (say $1000 more) does not justify the $50 saving per year on the variable indoor fan ..

Also, our downstairs is an open area with 2 distinct areas .. but connected by an open hall way .. which means we need to cool the whole downstairs for any one area to be correctly cooled ..

If you look at energyrating.gov.au .. an Actron chews up $3568 in 10 years (based on 400 hours of use) whereas a Daikin chews up $3981. That's $450 difference in 10 years .. and Daikins are a good $1000-$1500 cheaper i think!

Please comment on the above in your experience .. no quotes have come back .. just discussions pre-quote ..

And how does ACTRON weigh up for heating?
To go to an ESP+ there can not be any constant zones. There must be a zone motor on everything.
To rectify sensing problems extra sensors can be fitted.
Actron Air are excellent systems, heating or cooling. Very reliable too!
Related
20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum