Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

"Midea" air conditioners - any good?

Page 1 of 1
My electrician has just done a quote for me for a split system installation on a new house using "Midea" air conditioners. To tell you the truth, I've never heard of them - and I can't find a lot of info about them either. Does anybody know anything about this brand, or if they are any good?
TazR
My electrician has just done a quote for me for a split system installation on a new house using "Midea" air conditioners. To tell you the truth, I've never heard of them - and I can't find a lot of info about them either. Does anybody know anything about this brand, or if they are any good?

Why are you talking to an electrician about air conditioning...?

Stick with the Japanese... Daikin, Mitsubishi or Panasonic...
IceMan
TazR

Why are you talking to an electrician about air conditioning...?

Stick with the Japanese... Daikin, Mitsubishi or Panasonic...

Midea was their "default" brand. I have since asked them to quote on something I have at least heard of. I have not found any bad reviews yet about Midea, but I haven't found any good either. I am sure they are probably okay, but I don't think it is worth the risk.
Anselgrey23
Midea’s vertically integrated supply chain enables it to achieve maximum efficiency in production and product development, giving Midea a competitive edge over other brands.Midea employs Japanese research methods and scientists to achieve the highest standard of quality control.

Sounds like an advertisement. Can you point me to any independent reviews?
TazR
Anselgrey23
Midea’s vertically integrated supply chain enables it to achieve maximum efficiency in production and product development, giving Midea a competitive edge over other brands.Midea employs Japanese research methods and scientists to achieve the highest standard of quality control.

Ask in here:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14
E1109
TazR
Anselgrey23

Ask in here:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Thanks for the link. Looks like somebody has already asked the question about Midea. General consensus seems to be that they are cheap and you get what you pay for.
TazR
...General consensus seems to be that they are cheap and you get what you pay for.

May I refer the honourable gentleman to post # 3...
Midea air conditioner MSCP12M4
Value for money
But had vibrating noise after installation
as installed over 12 months after purchase (warranty expired)
removed top & front panels
found noise to be transformer lower mountings
slots too big so filled with silicon and let curer for a few hours
(no more noise)
I highly recommend Midea Systems!

Midea is currently the worlds number 1 brand of air treatment products, air conditioners, heat pumps, window and portable air coolers. They have annually won 40 + design awards at a variety of global design shows such as iF, Red Dot, Google Design, and others. As of July 2016 it has been on the list of Fortune 500 companies.
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum