Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Can we upgrade heating & cooling to zoned one after build ?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am just wondering if the zoning of heating and cooling can be done after the build. My construction has already started and though we did receive heating and cooling, but just a normal one. They are not zoned. Now I can not upgrade it to zoned ones with my builder as construction is in progress and they are not allowing me to do any upgrades or changes.

NOw I am just wondering of this zoning thing can be done after once we finsih with our build. Will it be more difficult or it just an easy process.

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Depends on system, roof design etc. Modifying stsem later will be EXPENSIVE

Best Options are
1. Do it all during construction
2. Leave the entire staem until after
bindala
Hi All,

I am just wondering if the zoning of heating and cooling can be done after the build. My construction has already started and though we did receive heating and cooling, but just a normal one. They are not zoned. Now I can not upgrade it to zoned ones with my builder as construction is in progress and they are not allowing me to do any upgrades or changes.

NOw I am just wondering of this zoning thing can be done after once we finsih with our build. Will it be more difficult or it just an easy process.

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Need to ask the question why you now need zoning? If to 'save costs' then I doubt you will save now. The reason why is presumably the system you are having installed has been specified to heat/cool your place un-zoned, to now zone these units means the units will be over specified so will not run as efficiently as properly specified systems. You will also have issues with duct size and balance.
Related
1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum