Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Split System Inverter - What Size

Page 1 of 1
I am looking to have a split system reverse cycle air con installed in my open plan living area.

Can anyone please advise what size I would need to cool a room this size? I am getting confused by kw vs hp and really am not sure what I am looking for. I believe the 'inverter' is the way to go.

Am on a budget so looking for best value for money.
Room orientation...? Lots of windows...? What's above/below...?
Resurrecting an old post of mine - at the pointy end of getting some quotes before the Adelaide summer hits. Here is a plan of the house and the area to be covered by the aircon. If anyone can give me a starting point of what size/type of split system would suit this space it would be appreciated.

We are in Adelaide Hills between Lofty and Lenswood and have a 17 kW Daikin to condition 175m2.

We only condition 1/2 the house at a time and it is adequate for the purpose. It's main job is winter heating.

General rule is 0.15 kW/m2 but depends on insulation and climate.

In summer it hardly is required may be 2 hours max in a day. Inside temps never exceed 28 degrees.
If I have worked it out correctly based on the measurements above, the space to be heated/cooled is roughly 40m2 - which would require something around the 5.5 - 6.0kw range.

Currently looking at Panasonic - does anyone have any suggestions for models, and installers in the Adelaide area?
Related
7/03/2024
Framing timber size needed for a double wall system in non-l

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Long story short, a toilet room is going to back onto our main bedroom and I want to make it close to soundproof. Im going to build two frames (pretty much a room within a…

10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum